Hello From A Newbie

Discussion in 'New Cats on the Block' started by uhmkyrstin, Sep 13, 2017 at 1:45 PM.

1. uhmkyrstin

uhmkyrstin Mama to a Purrfect Kitten Young Cat

IMG_0288.JPG

Hi guys,

My name is Kyrstin, from Louisiana. With all the rain recently, I found a kitten under a vehicle next door to me while it was storming out, no mama in sight and showing off some strong lungs with all his crying. After checking him out, I determined he was probably about 4 weeks out. Keeping him meant syringe/bottle feeding and helping him to the bathroom, and I was so ready to be a kitty mama once again. I've had cats before, but they all disappeared from my life one by one, as pets do when their time comes, leaving us heartbroken. Though I've had these precious babies before, I've never cared for a orphan. Within one week, I got him on soft, and then hard food, taught him to clean himself by brushing his coat with a toothbrush, showed him how to drink from a water dish, and introduced, successfully, his litter box. I cleared up a simple cold with a few drops of saline, and rid most of his fleas with two dawn baths (which he will be getting more off soon)! It's been two weeks now and he's still a little slender, but definitely growing. I named him Dipper, after a character from one of my favorite tv shows. And he is my little angel. He loves playing, napping, and his favorite time is eating time. I plan to bring him to the vet next week to get shots and hopefully clear up what might be ringworm or a hot spot, (bleh, check my other thread to help me by giving your opinion on what it might be!), which I've been treating with both A&D and a Antifungal cream at home. So yeah! Thanks for reading, enjoy some pictures of my little man, including a transformation picture from the day I got him and a week later! <3

Attached Files:

2. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Top Cat

Feb 18, 2017
    Welcome to TCS! Thank you for rescuing Dipper! He's so cute and and I can already tell he's going to grow into a handsome cat!

3. uhmkyrstin

Thank you so much! I sure hope I can give my furry baby all he needs, and I'm so excited to have found this wonderful site! :catrub:

4. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    IMG_3317.GIF Kyrstin and Dipper, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm IMG_3368.GIF

Glad that you've joined the site and thank you for taking Dipper in. Hope that his spot clears up and it's good that you are bringing him in to the vet to get get checked and vaccinated.

Feel free to ask questions and do check out the many informative articles in the Articles section and and do post more of Dipper's photos and he's really a cute guy :lovecat::lovecat4:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

5. maureen brad

maureen brad TCS Member Super Cat

Aug 18, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Hi Kyrstin, Hi Dipper! Love his name.Thank you for rescuing this cute little guy.I look forward to watching him grow! We love pictures here at TCS.

6. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    He's adorable (and lucky to have found you)!

7. uhmkyrstin

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! It means a lot to me to be welcomed so kindly! I've definitely found the right site for me!

8. uhmkyrstin

Hi! :) Thank you greatly for your comment, it was lovely and much appreciated!

maureen brad purraised this.
  9. uhmkyrstin

Thank you so so much, I know that I am lucky to have found him just the same! :)

10. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    THERE'S his precious face! Oh, he is a little doll, isn't he? Welcome, welcome, and well come!

11. uhmkyrstin

Thank you kindly for a wonderful welcome !

12. boris diamond

boris diamond TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    Welcome to The Cat Site! :dazzler: Dipper is a beautiful kitten and I think he will bring you much happiness. Thanks for saving him from the storm.:storm: :catrub::clap: