Heating Light Bulbs

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they work outside? I don't have outlets outside to run a heated mat, water bowl etc but I do have a light socket that you plug a bulb in. I saw some heated light bulbs on Amazon but are they as good as the reviews? (I'm sometimes leery of reviews and stars). Anyone know? It is 6 feet to the ground so I'm really i a state trying to find something that will work for the colder colder months ahead. But need something that has very little light and can emit only heat. Please advise. Thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
IR heating lamps are useful in principe. do they have their cat house nearby? Or do you plan on they will be sitting under the lamp?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat tent (she won't take to the winter shelter) that is placed under the light bulb out there now. I just don't have electrical outlets.

Sean35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would be leery of trusting an no name Amazon heat bulb to not catch fire. That being said, if you have a bulb socket six feet away, they do sell adapters that you can use to add an electrical outlet, and then maybe that could be an option to add a warming mat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be leery of trusting an no name Amazon heat bulb to not catch fire. That being said, if you have a bulb socket six feet away, they do sell adapters that you can use to add an electrical outlet, and then maybe that could be an option to add a warming mat.
Sorry I didn't say that it was a Pillips (which is older than me). I was curious if they are as good as the reviews say they are. Running electric outside is the worst idea ever. Water and electric is electrocution and/or fires. I know too many people who have been electrocuted and/or had their homes catch fire running electric outside. Just too dangerous. Not trusting. So no I would NOT run any kind of electric outside, the bulb however is in a dry spot but to run any kind of cord it would have to touch the ground in the wet sow or rain so again not a great idea. I see GE and Phillips have a ton of those lights but not sure of the heat range or if they work like people say they do. Hence the reason of this post. :)

I know for a fact that people get paid to write good reviews that look legit. My cousin used to do that and stopped because she felt bad misleading people. so just thought I'd ask first if anyone has had experience with these GE heat light bulbs or Phillips heating light bulbs.

Last edited: