Heated Pet Mats/beds Indoors?

Kateb985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a senior cat, Princess and lately shes enjoying the heat more. I definitely understand why. But I live in a basement apartment and it does get cold and were going into winter
I have a heater I put on when were home but I dont want to leave it on when I'm not. Is there some beds that are meant to be kept on when you're not home? Something I dont have to worry about when I'm at work? I understand anything can happen but im wondering if theres something very low wattage.

I have found a few on Amazon that are low watt and people leave them on, just want some more advice. Thanks!!

Attachments

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one for our kitty Gohan, he’s very lithe and would wait in front of the heater for it to kick on in the mornings. We bought him a low wattage heated cat bed that plugs in from K&H, and it has been a huge hit. He sleeps in it every night.

They are a little pricey, but we bought one on sale for $40

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most heated beds work when they sense pressure on top. Otherwise they stay turned off even if plugged. So no need to worry about a constantly warm bed sucking up power and potentially causing burn to your cat or creating a safety hazard.

You can also look into microwavable heat pads for pets. I use the SnuggleSafe pads. A pad stays warm for a good 12 hours, sometimes longer, tucked under a fleece blanket to diffuse the heat and prevent burns. Always follow the heat pad instructions to avoid overheating it and causing the gel material inside to leak out or burn your cat.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several K & H pet bed warmers as well as a K & H bed with a warmer inside. My senior kitty lives in that bed all winter long. My other kitties LOVE the pet bed warmers. I wrap them in a towel and then put them in their beds and cover with another towel. They warm to the ambient temperature and if there is not a cat on it, it will not warm. This is the bed we have. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Cat Bed, Mocha