Heated Cat beds

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where can I purchase a "heated" cat bed for indoors?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also get them at a farm supply store like Orschelns or Tractor Supply, I've seen them at building centers like Menards, I usually wait until they are on sale at these places, they have a very nice fold down heated 'house' on Amazon for 53.00, I've got three of those, they last for years. Otherwise, they cost about 35.00 for an outdoor pad, I have bought replacement heating pads (the small flat heating part inside the cover) for around 20.00 and you can put them under a small fleece blanket. My cats absolutely LOVE them, and I sleep better at night knowing my outside cats have them. Good luck!

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think mine is from Amazon and it's K&H brand. Previous cat liked it, current cats are lap cats so they prefer to be on me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, you gave me alot to go on. Will take it from here. Thanks!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, you gave me alot to go on. Will take it from here. Thanks!!
Heated cat beds are awesome, especially in the winter! I have one but wish I had two.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pet stores may have heated pet beds, sometimes in the dog section if there aren't any in the cat section. Numerous web sites sell heated pet beds or electric warming pads to be used in a pet bed: DrsFosterandSmith.com, Amazon, EntirelyPets.com, etc. There are also self warming type beds that reflect body heat back to the cat and microwavable heating pads.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@mazie   Did you decide on a bed?  I've started browsing online for one myself.  Noodles has been seeking out things to curl up in; but doesn't want the self-heating flat pad we already have.  She's been knocking coats off chairs to sleep in those if they get left out.  Or the laundry while I've got loads separated waiting for the wash.  I had to re-wash 2 loads of towels she'd gotten into on my bed too!  

I saw they have all kinds; ones with domes, deep beds, flat beds, simple pads, fancy ones.
  I need to sit down and read reviews I guess!  

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Midnight didn't want anything like that. All I had to do was put a towel down on the bay window sill and she was good to go. Besides, my queen-sized bed was HER bed too!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@mazie   Did you decide on a bed?  I've started browsing online for one myself.  Noodles has been seeking out things to curl up in; but doesn't want the self-heating flat pad we already have.  She's been knocking coats off chairs to sleep in those if they get left out.  Or the laundry while I've got loads separated waiting for the wash.  I had to re-wash 2 loads of towels she'd gotten into on my bed too!  

I saw they have all kinds; ones with domes, deep beds, flat beds, simple pads, fancy ones.
  I need to sit down and read reviews I guess!  
Last Friday evening I ordered from Amazon a     "K & H Thermo-Kitty Bed Deluxe Hooded Cat Bed  (4 Watts)  It comes in 1 color - Mocha Leopard.  The bed comes in 2 sizes, I bought the large size, 20 inch size bed.  The price was $69.58 for the large, the smaller bed I believe was $44.00.   I am glad I got the large size, even though it was kind of expensive.  This bed got very good reviews I noticed, 76percent gave the bed 5 stars.  That along with reading the customer reviews sold me on it.  Katy hasn't gotten into the bed yet.  She is preoccupied with watching the ferals out the back patio feeding on their evening meal, so I don't know yet how well she likes the bed.  I will give an update later in the week as to how well she has taken to this bed.    I also purchased from Amazon one  "Slumber Pet Thermal Cat Mat - Color Gray, Price $25.25 which was recommended on the same page as the K &H Cat bed.  The Slumber Pet bed is 22" long and 18" wide.  It is one of those mats that does not plug in, the warmth is made when the pet lies on it.  I placed the Slumber mat on my bed where she sleeps.  I'm excited to see how she likes these 2 items. Together they cost an arm and a leg, boy I hope she LOVES them.  Will keep you posted MoochNNoodles!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Last Friday evening I ordered from Amazon a     "K & H Thermo-Kitty Bed Deluxe Hooded Cat Bed  (4 Watts)  It comes in 1 color - Mocha Leopard.  The bed comes in 2 sizes, I bought the large size, 20 inch size bed.  The price was $69.58 for the large, the smaller bed I believe was $44.00.   I am glad I got the large size, even though it was kind of expensive.  This bed got very good reviews I noticed, 76percent gave the bed 5 stars.  That along with reading the customer reviews sold me on it.  Katy hasn't gotten into the bed yet.  She is preoccupied with watching the ferals out the back patio feeding on their evening meal, so I don't know yet how well she likes the bed.  I will give an update later in the week as to how well she has taken to this bed.    I also purchased from Amazon one  "Slumber Pet Thermal Cat Mat - Color Gray, Price $25.25 which was recommended on the same page as the K &H Cat bed.  The Slumber Pet bed is 22" long and 18" wide.  It is one of those mats that does not plug in, the warmth is made when the pet lies on it.  I placed the Slumber mat on my bed where she sleeps.  I'm excited to see how she likes these 2 items. Together they cost an arm and a leg, boy I hope she LOVES them.  Will keep you posted MoochNNoodles!!
Please do!  I just ordered a K&H bed too; but not the hooded one.   I got it for $21.87.  The price dropped from $35 about 10 days ago!  So I went for it!  Noodles used to have a deep round bed that she liked; so hopefully she will like this.  The sage one was cheaper than the mocha; which I would have preferred!  

I thing we might have the same self-heating mat.  I had it in a chair that Mooch was spending a lot of time in.  I vacuumed the chair last week and now no one wants anything to do with the mat or chair.  
  I might put it away for a few days to see if that gets her back into it.  Otherwise I'll start keeping an eye out for deals on flat heated mats.  Her belly is still pretty bare from an ultrasound over a month ago.  Noodles' belly and inner thighs are bare from over-grooming.  
  Both could probably use some extra heat! 

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles, As promised, here are my findings with the heated cat bed, KATY LOVES IT!!  The bed described above is the one I am talking about.  I know it is pricey, but she loves it.  I must also add, I am so glad I bought the LARGE size.  I made my decision by reading the customer reviews, and even though Katy is only  about 8 lbs,  the larger size is so much better.  She curles  her body around the inside of the bed, love the fact she has plenty of room!  I did have to zip the hood off in order for her to feel comfortable to get inside, which is fine, I can zip it back on at a later time.  The Slumber mat though was a bad investment.  Katy does not lie on it, it has a cute tail which she loves to grab and play with, but she sees it only as another toy.  That $25.00 purchase was money down the tube I am afraid.  Hope this helps!!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you fpim

Please do!  I just ordered a K&H bed too; but not the hooded one.   I got it for $21.87.  The price dropped from $35 about 10 days ago!  So I went for it!  Noodles used to have a deep round bed that she liked; so hopefully she will like this.  The sage one was cheaper than the mocha; which I would have preferred!  

I thing we might have the same self-heating mat.  I had it in a chair that Mooch was spending a lot of time in.  I vacuumed the chair last week and now no one wants anything to do with the mat or chair.  
  I might put it away for a few days to see if that gets her back into it.  Otherwise I'll start keeping an eye out for deals on flat heated mats.  Her belly is still pretty bare from an ultrasound over a month ago.  Noodles' belly and inner thighs are bare from over-grooming.  
  Both could probably use some extra heat! 
Ohhh, I don't think we have the same self'-heating mat, Katy would have nothing to do with hers.  It  was real cute to look at, gray background with black leopard like marks on it.  The  problem was that it had a short little cute looking tail on it.  All Katy wanted to do with this mat was play with it as if it were another one of her toys.   Congrats on your choice of beds!!  I work during the day and keep the temp low while I am gone, therefore wanted to make sure Katy would remain comfortable while I had to be gone. This bed I bought,     (darn you got the better deal, happy for your!!!)    Katy loves hers so I love it too!!  You know what it comes down to is the peace of mind we cat parents need to resolve ourselves to, after all this is all for the love of our kitties!!  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Glad you fpim

Ohhh, I don't think we have the same self'-heating mat, Katy would have nothing to do with hers.  It  was real cute to look at, gray background with black leopard like marks on it.  The  problem was that it had a short little cute looking tail on it.  All Katy wanted to do with this mat was play with it as if it were another one of her toys.   Congrats on your choice of beds!!  I work during the day and keep the temp low while I am gone, therefore wanted to make sure Katy would remain comfortable while I had to be gone. This bed I bought,     (darn you got the better deal, happy for your!!!)    Katy loves hers so I love it too!!  You know what it comes down to is the peace of mind we cat parents need to resolve ourselves to, after all this is all for the love of our kitties!!  
I finally found ours on Amazon again.  it describes the same; but it's different. .  I think I bought it when it was a lightning deal.  I do remember rubbing a little catnip on it at first.

Right now Her Royal Highness Princess Moochie is curled up in my bathrobe; which I've arranged like a nest, in 'her" chair.  
  Hopefully the size of the bed will be ok; because the price is great.  Noodles is on the bigger side; but lately she's sleeping curled up in a ball.  I wish I knew what size her old bed was; but I didn't even buy that myself.  It came with one of my mother's cats (who wanted nothing to do with it).

Last edited:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, that mat is the very same mat that Katy will have nothing to do with. Well, I take that back, she loves to grab the "tail" on it and play with it, so I guess you could say it does have a purpose. LOL Maybe if I rub a little cat nip on it, she will have interest in it. I will give it a try. I hope Princess Moochie enjoys her bed!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's worth a shot!  I think Mooch liked the bottom, fleecy side more than the top.  I stepped on the top part the other day and almost went flying.  It's slick between the gray fur and the thermal layer I guess!  

Our bed should be here tomorrow!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know who Mooch likes her bed when she gets it!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far its Noodle Approved!

(Please excuse my horrible carpet. The builder thought light gray carpet in a dining area was a good idea apparently!)

I tried just the tiniest pinch of catnip and she attacked the bed instead of climbing in. :lol3: So a little while later I put a small pillow and one of my kids toys in it so it heated up nicely. Then I got down and called her to it. She climbed in and started kneading and purring for a minute before settling in! :clap:

It was wraped tightly in manufacturers packaging and its still warped from that; but she doesnt seem to mind. I do think the bigger size would have been a better choice; but this is ok too. :)

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeahhhh!!! She looks very comfortable and cozy!! I love the high sides on these beds, it keeps in their body warmth, keeping them cozy. She looks like she couldn't be more comfortable. I need to take a picture of Katy in hers. My Katy is a black cat, and in the evening, when watching television I keep the lighting low in the living room. I tell you, I must have spent 15 minutes looking all over the house for my cat last night when she was asleep in her bed, not 4 feet from where I was sitting!! The bed is dark brown with black leopard spots all over it, and I tell you, when she is in the bed, the cannot see her in it!!! I have to remember to look for her pink collar, then I can see her. lol. My bed came in a cardboard box as well, and it took awhile for it to reshape itself when once out of the box like yours. Enjoy your cat's new bed!!