Heartbreaking

isabellasdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Isabella is 17 yrs old, she is the most thoughtful Cat. She seems to be completely aware from the neck up but can no longer walk at all. We love her so much and 2 Dr. told us to put her down but we can't bring ourselves to do it. Are we being selfish?

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sweetheart, I am so sorry for what you are going through. No, you are not being selfish - it is hard to put down a furbaby. I think it is important to look at quality of life, though. 17 is long life - you clearly have taken wonderful care of her! Do not feel any guilt if you decide to end her struggling. I think given the situation, it would be the best thing to do. You are not selfish - clearly, you love her.

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through...
When my pet passed away i was heartbroken! (still am! That pain will never go away!)
But, believe me it is better to end their suffering than prolong it... if she is in pain and cannot walk like a usual cat then i would weigh up the options. if you do choose to put her down you could bury her and create a cat post/head-stone, take lots of pictures! and trust me 17 years is a long time ... she loves you and i think you know this too! Don't worry, she is not leaving you... she will be going to heaven, to a place where she will feel no pain, she will be free and a normal, happy cat there! She will watch down on you and thank you for ending her pain...
I would advise you take a serious think over everything and spend as much time as you can with her!

Good luck sweetie!
Keep us updated
:-)

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ariel:(
No problem... :-)
Don't hesitate to contact me by private message if you EVER want to just talk...
I 100% know what you are going through...

Keep us updated :-)

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, how do I private message
:-)
Click the message icon next to your name at the top right-hand side of the page, then click 'start new conversation' and write the name (e.g: Ariel2611), write your title and message and click 'start a conversation'.

Hope i helped

Good luck!

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
If you have any questions( I isabellasdad ) it would be better to ask them in your forum to ensure you get the answers you need.
Therefore it would be better if you post on here in rather than via a private chat.
I have advised the above to you through a private conversation too...

Good Luck with your fur-baby
I wish you all the best!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi isabellasdad,
how long has your kitten not been able to walk? Is it a short period? Could it be that you need more time to assess if something will improve?
I think that there's no need to rush in this decision, because there's no turning back. So it must considered with the greatest care.
Have the vets told you WHY Isabella can't walk anymore?
I'm more on the intervention side, I think that even the slightest hope can be seen, then you have to pursue it.