Healthy food recommendations for picky cats?

Aeoh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

We were told to put our one adult cat on an all wet food diet since she was getting quite chunky very quickly, so for the past month or two, the two adults have only been eating Wellness brand wet food (NOT Wellness Core, just regular Wellness minced, typically).

I’ve been sticking with it because it seems like she’s gradually losing weight and they both seem to enjoy the food, but at 3-4 cans a day and each can being over 2 dollars, I’m spending a tiny mortgage on cat food every week!

I’m just wondering if anyone has comparable alternatives. It’s easier to feed the two adults the same food so we can split cans easily. The issue is that the adult that is a healthy weight is VERY picky and will either refuse to eat most foods, or will eat it and puke after.

To make it harder, they don’t like Pate.
Pic for reference -
• Lucy on the left is actually a BIG 9/10 month old Kitten who is still on kitten food
• Bean in the middle is the chubby one that would eat most food, but needs food appropriate for her diet
• Elsa on the right is very picky!

Attachments

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chewy sells this, maybe it could be a good option?
3B50AF53-25C7-4213-A662-0680892C6F6A.jpeg

Your kitties are so beautiful, wow :lovecat4: Fingers crossed you can find some food Elsa likes!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Soulistic makes a minced Chicken Dinner in Gravy that they actually sell in a 10 oz can so you can really save money there. This is Petco's house brand so it's only sold there but you can have it shipped. The only problem is, even though it says Chicken, it does contain Tuna as well :sigh:. They also have a shreds Chicken Dinner in Gravy that is just chicken. It's called Good Karma and it also comes in 10 oz cans.