Hazy: I Just Need To Talk About It...

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I do hope that if he is not found, he is adopted by a loving family. But I do hope that he'll return to you as I don't wish to think that he did not survive.

Sending you :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: And :grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How far away do you live from the vet? Is there any chance he would try to find his way home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IAmGrammy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone. The vet is located in the next county, so I'm guessing it's a good 20 minutes away, at least. I did find out that there is an animal shelter there, but it's not called that. It has some odd name associated with the county and it's called "control" instead of shelter. (They are also the department that retrieves and disposes of animals killed on the streets.) I drove there yesterday. No one has turned in any cats in the last couple of weeks, with the exception of a litter of small kittens. Also, apparently, they actually make note of the kinds of animals they retrieve, because the man checked and told me that they haven't picked up any cats. So..... mixed emotions. I'm very glad they didn't retrieve Hazy from the street, but I was so hoping someone would have turned him in.

I didn't ask about the trap because my husband pointed out that It's now been a week and that we're about to leave to go out of state for a while and that we wouldn't be around to check the trap. He thinks I'm beginning to obsess and that I need to step back and hope that the flyers do the trick, if we're meant to have Hazy. Otherwise, he's asking me to just believe, as he does, that someone has claimed him and is caring for him. We drove the neighborhood directly behind the vet's, a couple of blocks back and there are children and lots of homes, so maybe?

I get what he's saying, but I think I'll just go back a couple of more times, before we leave. Just to know that I did.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you find him before you leave. How long will you be gone out of state?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, call the animal control office daily to check if any new animals come in.

IAmGrammy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
maggiedemi and Sarthur2, I'll be gone for 5 days. Good idea; I'll keep calling the shelter. I should have given the man there a flyer of Hazy. What was I thinking? I'll have to go back and do that.

IAmGrammy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, we're back and no Hazy. I do believe that the man at the shelter really has been paying attention; he seems to be sincere. It's just time to accept it, I guess. I'm going to allow myself to believe that someone who needed a little love in his or her life found the little guy and that they're caring for him, now. I'm also going to get rid of that horrible carrier so that this never happens again. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. You've been great.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you couldn't find Hazy. If there was woods around there, I would say he was probably in there, but you said there was none. I'm stumped. Please let us know if he ever comes home. He wasn't microchipped was he, I can't remember if you said so? Yeah, next time get a carrier that has screws and those twisty things all around it keeping it together. They should take that other carrier off the market, that's terrible to sell a product like that.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry! Cats can and do turn up sometimes. But I agree - hoping he is well and in someone's good care! :)

labsnme

Julian
Young Cat
Purraise
Praying for Hazys return to your loving arms and for safety for him till hes safe. God be with you

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The carriers that have clips also usually have little holes where you can put screws or zip ties if you need extra security. I really like the convenience of the clips (for cats who don't like to get out of the carrier at the vet's) but they aren't as secure, that's a fact. Just pointing out, the carrier can still be usable with some adjustments, no reason to get rid of it.

So sorry this is happening :(. Don't give up yet though---there are stories of cats being found after several months.