Have You Ever Had This Experience

shesmylight

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello my fellow cat mommas and daddies,
Have any of you had the experiences with deworming treatment where your cat will still cough?
My sweet little girl got her treatment a few days ago, I applied it as instructed but she moved a slight bit so a tiny bit got on her shoulderblade area on her fur. I believe i got most of the tube on her, however..
Ever since this morning, 4 days after applying profender, she has coughed twice. Both times after coughing, she would get noisy breathing. She would purr after coughing and I would hear the noisy breathing for about 2 minutes, guestimate. Does this mean the worms are loosening in her or what?
The vet told me as I called after the first time that if it continues to take her in. unfortunately, I am on a very limitted
income, only getting $735 a month, currentoly only $661 due to social security being strange about some things.
Last time they told me she would need an xray they said the xray alone would cost over $200. An exam costs $50 something, but I will need to tack on an extra $96 to that because when she is at the vet, Hikari will fight and try to bite and scratch and growl and hiss a whole bunch and she is literally unhandlable.
I do not have the money for this, however and I am worried about her.
I would pay for this stuff in a heartbeat, if I could afford it, I'd do anything for my little girl.
Have you have this experience before, is it normal, and what should I do about costs if they do need to xray her?
london

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
First off, what kind of worms was she diagnosed with, or was this just a preventative measure? I've never heard of cats coughing from intestinal worms OR from deworming, so am thinking these are either lungworms or heartworms, but as far as I know, neither of those of treated with Profender, so I'm kind of stumped here.

So...that being said, let's say it's NOT lungworm or heartworm. Did your Vet think the coughing is related to her possibly getting a lick or two of the Profender? Or do they think it might be something else, like maybe a possible seasonal allergy, or asthma or something else? Did they say?