Have You Ever Had Or Met A Cat That Knew Exactly What You Needed To Feel Better?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats are natural healers. Lots of cats are affectionate but some seem to know exactly what you need to feel better.

For example, yesterday i was feeling very crappy due to having an argument with my parents and also due to just general loneliness. I went to see the kitties which usually helps me to feel better.

This one cat seemed to know exactly what i needed to feel better. She gave me hugs by wrapping her tail across my face and letting me bury my head in her. She also gave me headbutts and purrs while i was petting her.

I immediately felt better after spending 10 minutes with her and I’m thankful for it.

She’s available for adoption and i didn’t get pics but i will. She probably won’t be there long, she’s so sweet. And beautiful. She’s an orange, gold, and black tortie. Mostly orange and gold with some tortie black spots.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be Sweet Thing, my heart kitty, :rbheart:. I think she understood English. The first time she showed up she came up to me and stropped herself on my legs, basically saying "I can smell that you don't have a cat in your house and I'm applying for the position." I told her that I'd love to adopt her, but the one she had to convince was my dad, who didn't like cats very much. Sweets stuck around all afternoon, making up to everyone who came home. Roger and I were living in the basement at the time, and when my dad came home that evening she stropped on him and he picked her up and brought her in and opened the basement door and told me he had something for me, and put her down on the top step. And she came downstairs looking extremely pleased with herself, :wink:. She's been gone around 30 years now, and I still miss her.

Margret

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Buddy was an red boy. He always stayed by my side, especially when I was sick. One time I ruptured a disc in my back and he would not let any of the other cats get near me. He knew I was in pain because he kept throwing up on my living room carpet. That boy was the love of my life.

Muffy

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got Garfield when I was five years old. He lived for 20 years. I have always had anxiety and depression but as a child it was undiagnosed. Garfield was my constant companion. He had a sixth sense in knowing when I was close to having a panic attack and would be at my side calming me down. He knew when I was sick and would stay by me until I felt better. My mom could tell if I was faking being sick because if I actually was sick Garfield would be there. He also knew when I was gone. Every summer I went to camp for a couple of weeks. According to the rest of my family he would howel like he was In pain when I wasn’t there and keep running back and forth to my room to try to communicate that I was gone and it wasn’t okay! After a couple of days he would give up and mope around and usually find some random article of clothing I left on the floor and just lay there until I came home. The second he heard my footsteps when I came home he would begin to purr and be his usual self. I was bullied in school and had learning disabilities so I absolutely hated school, but I New I could always count on Garfield being by the front door when I got home. My mom said she never had to look at her watch because Garfield would run to the door 20 minutes before the bus dropped me off to wait for me. Garfield lived with my mom when I went away to college because he was old by then. I knew he was dying of old age, one day my mom called me up and told me he hadn’t eaten for a couple of days, and I better come home to say goodbye. I came home and when Garfield saw me he went to his food bowl and started eat again. He started to eat for me. He hung on for another month. The night he died I was out with friends and I know it sounds strange, but I knew. I called my mom and told her that he had died. She found him in the basement the next morning. She said she said out loud “ You were a good cat” and he was. I look back on my childhood filled with pain from depression anxiety and being bullied and I remember mostly happiness because of that orange cat.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a horrible stomach bug a couple of years ago. I couldn't hold down anything. All I could do was sleep. Lily stayed by my side the whole time and there were quite a few times that I woke up to find her stroking my arm with her paw. :lovecat::catlove:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I was mad about something once, so I stomped downstairs and threw myself on my bed. A couple minutes later, Snake comes and jumps on the bed, almost soundlessly. She was purring and really wanted to snuggle, she napped on my knees, by my face, she was doing to whole face rubbing thing, that sort of stuff.

If it had still been summer we'd have later gone out for a run together but you can't really do that in the freezing cold snow!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He would act like he was upset and run up and down the stairs and throw up. Never mind. I guess I mistook it for a sign that he was worried about me.
Doesn't mean that he wasn't. The zoomies aren't the only reason cats do that. You say he seemed to be upset; maybe he was running up and down the stairs to take out his frustration because he knew you were in pain and he couldn't find any way to make it go away. I think your original conclusion was correct.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Connor and Murphy both do that for me. When morning sickness was really kicking my butt, they'd both go to the bathroom with me. Murphy would nuzzle me while Connor patted my arm with his pawS. Anytime I'm cranky or not feeling well, one or both of them come up for cuddles and loves and make me a little less miserable.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of our cats has ever been like that, but my mom's cats are. Maybe it's because she's retired and has more time to interact with them so they're more in-tune with her, or because there's just 2 people in their house while we have at least 6.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Lily knows when I am upset and follows me. A few years ago I had the boss that would win the gold medal for being the Worlds Worst Boss. She made everyone miserable, not just me. I was so stressed out I was throwing up before work. Lily would meet me when I walked in from work, sit on my lap when I sat down and even went so far as to get in the shower stall with me when I showered. She would also nag me when it was time for bed. She would sit on the stairs and meow at me until I went up. Then she would snuggle in my arms and purr me to sleep. FYI - I didn't stay in that store - I asked for a transfer.

Attachments

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Lily knows when I am upset and follows me. A few years ago I had the boss that would win the gold medal for being the Worlds Worst Boss. She made everyone miserable, not just me. I was so stressed out I was throwing up before work. Lily would meet me when I walked in from work, sit on my lap when I sat down and even went so far as to get in the shower stall with me when I showered. She would also nag me when it was time for bed. She would sit on the stairs and meow at me until I went up. Then she would snuggle in my arms and purr me to sleep. FYI - I didn't stay in that store - I asked for a transfer.
Aww. Such a sweetie! And beautiful, as well!

I'm very glad you got away from that boss.

Margret