Has Anyone Used Precious Cat Ultra Cat Litter?

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girlfriend and I are currently looking into new cat litters. She's using some kind of corn cob stuff and I'm using scoop away. Neither are really cutting it. So I saw this one on Amazon and it seems to have the most reviews so ideas wondering if anyone here has tried it, and what their thoughts on it were. Thanks

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've been using it for a couple of years now (switched over from Fresh Step clay litter). Very happy with it. I use the one that does not have a scent (their Cat Attract has an herbal scent that is supposed to draw the cats to the litter box -- our cats never had a problem finding or using the litter box, and I prefer unscented products, in general).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used the Precious Cats litter since I adopted Artie. I did try Fresh Step, Tidy Cats, Blue's Walnut Litter, and Worlds Best.

I really like PC litter. It clumps very fast and hard. Has fairly good odor attributes, unscented, does not track as much as the others; and lasts a long time. I fill a large litter box with almost an entire 18 lb box of this litter, and add more as I go along. For one cat, I wash/change the litter box every 3-4 weeks.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used Sweat Scoop (wheat) and World's Best (corn.) I like the Precious Cats better. The only disadvantage is the Precious Cats is considerably heavier.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried Dr. Elseys Precious Cat "Ultra", and I think it was a fine litter. Very similar to the one I settled on, Dr. Elseys Respiratory Relief (the clay version). Wheat, grass, and corn litters had too many fine particulates floating in the air for my allergy/asthma- prone kitty, so we went to a clay litter. Much heavier stuff, as Boris Diamond mentions!
sm-280.gif

But worth it, if you have a cat that doesn't do well on other litters.

Ifi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are using it now. Cats love it but I still prefer Worlds Best. So we are just going to use both. I have less tracking with Wods Best and a lot more with Ultra. But that could be because the cats are using the box with Ultra in it more.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I know it's gotten a lot of good reviews, but my experience with this litter was less than satisfactory. It clumps ok but it isn't any less dusty than several other litters I've tried. My biggest complaint was that it had absolutely NO odor control, even after kitty buried her poop. It's possible that I got a bad batch, but the stuff is too expensive for me to try it again just to find out.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you from experience that mice love Worlds Best corn based litter. Just something to keep in mind if you occasionally have mice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahaha no mice. But I got a bag, nothing special. I may switch back to scoop away. I tried worlds best and for me it was horrible:-/

lanerich

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use the Precious Cat from Dr. Elsey. It is sometimes on sale online for as little as $13-14 a bag.

The cats seem to like it. We have two litter boxes but for whatever reason the cats like to use only one of the boxes primarily.

One 40lb bag fills up the massive corner litter box nicely. It scoops easily and one bag lasts for about 3-4 weeks even with 2 cats using it heavily. We scoop twice a day usually.

My main complaint is that they still track it everywhere. Odor control is OK, we put a bunch of baking soda in the bottom of the box too.