Has Anyone Heard Of The Cat Food Brand "both" Or "bothpet"?

Adelei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The packaging says no grains and lists pretty good ingredients, but I'm a little wary since I've never heard of the brand. I'm in China, so I tend to not really trust Chinese manufacturers very much - even with human food, there have been so many scandals over the years that I'm constantly worried my meat might contain rat meat dyed and flavored to taste like pork (actually happened, not to me, thank goodness, but it did happen). And several years back a number of babies died because of bad formula. So I'm wary of Chinese brands, no matter what they say the ingredients are. I know there have been scandals with US pet-food companies too, but even considering that I still feel safer not buying Chinese. This brand has English on the packaging - which may just be a move the company pulled to make them look imported, but I thought I'd check to see if maybe it does come from another country. My google search didn't turn up anything, but maybe someone from a non-English speaking country might recognize the name (a review on Amazon mentioned Korea, but I'm not sure if that's correct.)

One type says "BOTHPET" down the side and says "Microecological" in a big diamond on the front; the other says "Both 3n" and then in smaller letters "c64". I'd post a link, but the website can't be opened outside of China.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom , Adelei Adelei , I've not heard of this brand before and some brands are not shipped to our country as many brands are not popular here or not trusted at all.

Suppliers here bring in brand that are popular or requested by pet owners.

Some brands are just for domestic use and are not shipped out. I did a search on the brand and nothing comes up.

Last edited:

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The packaging says no grains and lists pretty good ingredients, but I'm a little wary since I've never heard of the brand. I'm in China, so I tend to not really trust Chinese manufacturers very much - even with human food, there have been so many scandals over the years that I'm constantly worried my meat might contain rat meat dyed and flavored to taste like pork (actually happened, not to me, thank goodness, but it did happen). And several years back a number of babies died because of bad formula. So I'm wary of Chinese brands, no matter what they say the ingredients are. I know there have been scandals with US pet-food companies too, but even considering that I still feel safer not buying Chinese. This brand has English on the packaging - which may just be a move the company pulled to make them look imported, but I thought I'd check to see if maybe it does come from another country. My google search didn't turn up anything, but maybe someone from a non-English speaking country might recognize the name (a review on Amazon mentioned Korea, but I'm not sure if that's correct.)

One type says "BOTHPET" down the side and says "Microecological" in a big diamond on the front; the other says "Both 3n" and then in smaller letters "c64". I'd post a link, but the website can't be opened outside of China.
Would you mind posting a picture of it? I can't find it on taobao.

I'm in China as well and completely understand your struggles. My rule of thumb is: if the company has no webpage then stay away from it (especially if they claim to be a foreign company). The other thing is the price: if it seems to be too good to be true - it usually is.

Is it dry or wet food? In what price range is it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adelei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's dry food. I feed them wet food for half their recommended serving and dry for the rest (can't afford to feed wet food all the time, though I would prefer to.) As far as the price, it's kind of in line with Purina Cat Chow, I think, which isn't exactly too good to be true, but definitely makes you wonder, since they're claiming they're grain-free. The 15 KG bag (the one that says Microecological) is ¥368.00 and the 6.8 KG bag is ¥239.00. I found it on Amazon.cn
upload_2018-7-26_14-46-33.png upload_2018-7-26_14-52-51.png

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, this is a tough one. It's most definitely an Asian brand (the English translation gave it away), the price is to low for an imported food as well (they usually try to charge you an arm and a leg for anything foreign).

But the ingredients do look good (no grains, it does contain potatoes and vegetables, but the first five ingredients are meats), I'm kinda tempted to buy it myself :D

It looks better than the one Marx gets now, and coasts half as much - but that's kinda the thing that makes me wonder...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adelei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, this is a tough one. It's most definitely an Asian brand (the English translation gave it away), the price is to low for an imported food as well (they usually try to charge you an arm and a leg for anything foreign).

But the ingredients do look good (no grains, it does contain potatoes and vegetables, but the first five ingredients are meats), I'm kinda tempted to buy it myself :D

It looks better than the one Marx gets now, and coasts half as much - but that's kinda the thing that makes me wonder...
Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at now... if it truly has those ingredients and nothing crazy like cardboard mixed in, then it would be great, but I just don't know... thanks!

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at now... if it truly has those ingredients and nothing crazy like cardboard mixed in, then it would be great, but I just don't know... thanks!
Sorry I'm no use this time :D It is kinda cheap, but that could be because it's based on fish which is pretty cheap here. But then again, it's kinda not good to feed them fish on a daily basis. So yeah, it's a judgement call :D