Has Anyone Ever Tried A Cat Therapist? Need One, Dire Situation

trizzo0309

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's the short version of a long story, we had four cats (two of which were a roomates who recently moved out) and their two cats bullied one of my two cats so we had to keep him isolated in our bedroom for numerous months with him being able to come out at night while the other cats were locked up.

Those roommates and their cats moved out a couple weeks ago leaving us with one cat who is shy and our other cat who was bullied. Ever since they moved out our two cats have been a trainwreck together.

The ex-bullied cat is now becoming very territorial and is now dominating the apartment forcing our shy cat into isolating himself in the kitchen whenever the other cat is around. There have been fights, stalking and the last couple days the shy cat is now using the bathroom in the sink/on the counter since he must be too scared to use the litter box which is close by.

We don't know what to do anymore, we tried calming treats, Feliway diffuser, we got nothing. We are seriously thinking of getting a cat therapist which costs an incredible amount of money and it may not even work. Anyone have some thoughts or insight?

Espalia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - almost the exact same situation appear to be going on in this thread: Cat Bullies Other, One Relegated To Kitchen
I suggest you check out the suggestions there and try some of them before you shell out for a therapist!

*EDIT: I see that the thread was actually started by you, I was tricked by the slightly different description of the problem. Disregard