Happy First Day Of Fall/spring

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@mani Your flowers are beautiful!

Fall has arrived in central PA, too. I was actually chilly during the night and had to turn on the electric blanket; I awakened to Muffin pawing at the covers, trying to get under them. Rick said this morning that he thought it was time for the flannel sheets to come out and I put them on the bed. And I'm wearing sweatpants. So, OK, that's enough of the cool weather.....bring the 90's back! :)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll bet golondrina golondrina and @mani are looking for signs of spring!
Spring arrived on the 21st on a beautiful sunny day but on the 22nd a destructive storm reminded us what a treacherous season Spring can be.
Thank you DreamerRose for thinking about us.

For you Autumn is arriving with beautiful colours. Wishing you a very pleasant season.

Last edited:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It may be officially fall but here in GA it is still summer. It is still in the high 80s. We don't really get fall til the end of October . However I think it is supposed to go all the way down to the mid 70s this week.

I usually get out Halloween decorations Oct. 1. I have some great Halloween sweaters but it is too hot to wear them. I grew up in Indiana so wearing Halloween T-shirts just seems wrong.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It only went up to 60F today, and it's raining AGAIN. For reference, it was in the mid-80's a week or so ago. It's cold out, and I love it. I cleaned the whole house this morning. Then I started a slow-cooked chili, baked a carrot cake, and brownies (the brownies are for co-workers). I've been listening to a true crime podcast, with a fire in the fireplace, my feet up, wrapped in a fleece throw, with the kitties on the chaise near me, in front of the fire. Bobcat, one of the kittens, adores Leo, the huge Maine Coon, and has been snuggling in his fur the past few days, I think because of the cooler temperatures. So cute! I also put up a fall leaf garland over the mirror in the foyer. What a cosy Fall day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It only went up to 60F today, and it's raining AGAIN. For reference, it was in the mid-80's a week or so ago. It's cold out, and I love it. I cleaned the whole house this morning. Then I started a slow-cooked chili, baked a carrot cake, and brownies (the brownies are for co-workers). I've been listening to a true crime podcast, with a fire in the fireplace, my feet up, wrapped in a fleece throw, with the kitties on the chaise near me, in front of the fire. Bobcat, one of the kittens, adores Leo, the huge Maine Coon, and has been snuggling in his fur the past few days, I think because of the cooler temperatures. So cute! I also put up a fall leaf garland over the mirror in the foyer. What a cosy Fall day!
That sounds lovely!

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Today was definitely a 'fall' day, very foggy and chilly. It got really windy by the end of the day. Kitties are definitely starting to snuggle in. And I'm supposed to sit...where? :think:

IMG_7581.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't really feel like fall here; but we have some color in spots. Our fall foliage isn't as brilliant and beautiful as it is in places like New England. It seems more like one species of tree at a time some years. That doesn't usually hit till sometime in October.

It's been hot and wet here; though the last 2 days have been cooler. I got my kids new clothes just in time. I don't think we've had any temperatures below 60 since last Spring!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first day of Spring was a beautiful sunny day but the day after a furious storm caused a lot of destruction including thousands of vehicles.
Today all is well, the sun shines with a temperature of 21°C (69°F).
It seems that we will have a 4 days break followed by 10 days of bad weather. :(

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
It's been foggy, windy, and chilly here for the past several days. We've already made our first fire for the season, and it's still only September! Not that I'm complaining. I love to sit by the fire with kitties. :catrub: