Happy First Day Of Fall/spring

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's getting chilly here as well. Had to drain the cooler yesterday and will clean and tarp it in a few more days.
I'll be glad when winter comes and the bugs go away.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very cool here today, too. I look forward to the fall so I can get some yardwork done. Some recent work has backfired. I trimmed up the lower trunk of my Jane magnolia, and now it's blooming!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
after yesterday's high of 90 degrees F, it's dropped to a much more seasonally appropriate 60 degrees F! that's forecast to 'hold' in that range except for two upcoming days forecast to get up to 70.

i'm so happy that fall has finally gotten here! :yess:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy first day of autumn everyone! I love autumn - after spring, I think it's my favourite (I actually think summer is pretty overrated - not a fan of being so hot that I can't move and getting bitten by mosquitoes!) season. I adore all the warm and cosy colours of the trees, and warm jumpers and hot chocolate! (As I type I'm drinking a cup haha)

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm SO happy for fall. Fall is my all time favorite season, spring is second.

The rule of thumb in my house is, AC on, oven stays off. I can't wait to start using the oven again. I can't wait to make stuffed peppers, and meatloaf, and lasagna and all the other foods you make in an oven. I'm eternally sick of stovetop meals, and cold sandwiches. Not to mention you can't BBQ everything.(trust me, I tried. lol)

The trees...how I love the trees here in fall. I live on the fringes of the country, so we have a lot of trees. I could spend hours in the parks just admiring them. Heck I spend a good chunk of time looking out the windows or sitting outside, looking at the trees (or clouds) at work.

Cute sweaters! I got some really cute sweaters last spring when they were on sale to make room for summer wear. I can't wait to finally wear them.

Not too keen on the pumpkin spiced everything, but oh well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don’t live in a ‘four seasons’ area. We don’t have the fall colors since most of the trees here are pines, but still, fall is my favorite season. And I must confess, I’m a pumpkin spiced everything kind of person. :lol: Well, not totally. Last year, my sister sent me a care package of tons of stuff she’d found in the grocery store that was pumpkin-spiced flavored—M&Ms, pudding mixes, cookies, all kinds of stuff. Some are good but some of those things just aren’t right. :headshake:

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday at the store we saw pumpkin spice Cheerios. :doh:

I love fall too! :agree: A happy thread, betsygee betsygee ! :)
I was at a store that had a whole endcap of pumpkin spice cereals. Special K,Frosted Flakes, Cheerios and a few other.

I remember when Pumpkin Spice was literally only heard of if you were making a pumpkin pie.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nevermind. Had to plug the cooler back up and fill it. I even waited a week to see if the temp was going to stay down. Fooled me, it was just waiting.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:yess: My favorite time of the year has arrived! It has cooled down today, and felt seasonal. I bought another mum plant to put outside the French doors in my office, so I can see it from my desk. I cleaned off the deck, as well, and pulled up the vegetable plants in the planters. I had not one tomato all summer, and the bean plants pretty much had died anyway. I was able to wear my orange paisley scarf with my burnt orange blouse because it was cold outside when we went to dinner--I even wore a denim jacket, it was so cold.

After dinner, I turned on the electric fireplace, wrapped my scarf/shawl around me, and curled up on the sofa, under a pumpkin-printed fleece throw, and ate a piece of pumpkin pie.

I'm slow cooking a pot of chili tomorrow!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Foggy this morning but certainly not chilly! Stormed bad. One of my cats hid under the couch. She is afraid of storms.

Last edited:

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Feels like the year went by so quickly. Autumn is my favorite time of the year, especially since all of the pumpkin spice flavored items come out.

This is semi-random but silly little story I have to inflict upon you guys: Last fall I made the mistake of trying these limited edition pumpkin spice sausages from a popular sausage brand. Everyone in my household had warned me that they weren't going to be tasty ...aaaaand they were right. But I was so stubborn. I sat there with a stoic expression, pretending to enjoy them. Sigh.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had a very long, hot, dry summer, so most people are pleased that fall has arrived! The weather has changed so abruptly that we'll probably have to turn the heat on this week. We could do without severe fall storms, but the rain is welcome.