Hair loss with irritated skin. Please help.

shea8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m very concerned, I woke up this morning to see my cat has lost a patch of hair literally overnight. His skin looks irritated underneath. I’m not sure if he could have hurt himself, he’s very active especially at night, or if this could be a larger issue? Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shea8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EAC91F6B-35D9-4015-B881-8664769C5AA4.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Since this happened overnight, it would seem logical to assume he somehow injured himself. Try a home remedy that might help some. Chamomile tea bags - from any local grocery store, as they are almost always German - you don't want English, nor do you want any additives or flavorings. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp, and use cotton balls or a soft cloth to apply the liquid to that spot - 2 or 3 times a day. The tea has soothing and healing properties and is considered an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal agent as well. It is also safe for him should she happen to ingest any. If it just a simple wound, this should help to heal it and you should notice improvements over the coming days. If not, or it gets worse, you probably will need to have a vet take a look. If it would help any, you can continue to take pics of the area so you can see good - or bad - changes. That will also help a vet if it ends up that he needs to see one.

You might want to search around your home (assuming he doesn't go outside) to see if you can find how he might have injured himself, as it could easily happen again.