Had a scare this morning

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Kenai! And poor you!
I hope she's doing a little better this morning. All good vibes and good wishes for you both

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg! i am so scared and worried for you! i will be praying for your precious baby all through the night! i hope she is alright. that is scary to think about she might have been kicked, i can only imagine(but dont really want to) the blow to her head/shoulder
keep us posted on how she is doing

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, your poor baby!
Sending healing vibes her way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just let the vet know that I will bring Kenai in tomorrow morning, and I want her sedated and her mouth examined. Someone knocked on the door this morning and she went to bark, then yelped...barked...yelped then she was quiet. It broke my heart. I tried to look into her mouth but all she would do was tremble and lock her jaw.
Dammit I just wish I knew what happened here. Surely if she fractured her jaw she would have some sort of dislodgement showing? Her mouth closes fine, she can open it to pant, but she won't pick up her toys and she can only eat soft foods-
I am really worried and hope to have some answers later tomorrow. Her teeth are good and strong so there is no abscess problem- I am just so puzzled and worried and wish it were tomorrow already-

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Kenai...well, she's giving you good clues, and now you know what is bothering her most is her mouth/jaw...you'll get some answers. In the meantime, doggie gruel, soft mush, and a quiet day for her where she feels no need to bark, is my prescription!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I just know it breaks your heart to see her in pain, and how frustrating to not know the exact cause.
You'll find the solution, MA, your instincts and experience and your Vet's expertise will lead you there. Until then, many prayers for Kenai and much love for you both.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Kenai! Lots of good thought and vibes for your baby! I hope he's back to himself soon!

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's guarding her jaw and protecting whatever injury she's got there. Poor Kenai
Fingers crossed for her staying as comfortable as possible today and the vet getting to the bottom of it tomorrow. Hugs and good wishes, keep us posted

Ranger

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Kenai is in my thoughts - I'm sending healing vibes her way. How frightening. I don't think a fracture would necessarily show, so that may well be the problem. Poor baby.

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BIG HUGS and Prayers being sent! I just love shepards and shepard mixes!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Kenai- I'm sorry Maryanne, I'm just now reading it!! I hope Kenai does better soon, and that she's not got a broken jax, poor girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I BELIEVE in the POWER of the members' faith on this board!

This morning when we woke up Kenai was back to her old self! Her face is no longer swollen, he third eyelid has receded and she is playing with her toys again. I sat down with her and held her head in both my hands (when I did this before she would tremble) she was calm as toast. Then I gently opened her mouth and she didn't yelp in pain!

Thank you all of you for your prayers, good thoughts and vibes. I am not sure what happened to her, but barring any setbacks I can cancel what would have been a stressful vet visit for her and just watch over her closely in the next few days-

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! So happy to hear she's feeling so much better!