Had a scare this morning

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I BELIEVE in the POWER of the members' faith on this board!

This morning when we woke up Kenai was back to her old self! Her face is no longer swollen, he third eyelid has receded and she is playing with her toys again. I sat down with her and held her head in both my hands (when I did this before she would tremble) she was calm as toast. Then I gently opened her mouth and she didn't yelp in pain!

Thank you all of you for your prayers, good thoughts and vibes. I am not sure what happened to her, but barring any setbacks I can cancel what would have been a stressful vet visit for her and just watch over her closely in the next few days-
Oh Mary Anne, this is brilliant news! Hugs to Kenai.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh! oh my! I was only on a couple of Boards last night and did not see this until now. Oh my Kenai!! MA, do you really think you should cancel? I know you know best, and I'm ecstatic about the overnight improvement....what is the prognosis and what, exactly, was it do you know? How did Prowler react?
I am thinking of that German Shepherd Angel I sent down and the greatness of Kenai's spirit. I like her so very much, Miss Kenai!!
Please keep this thread updated if you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I stopped to get the west nile for the boys and while I was there I talked with the vet. He agreed that she is doing better and she should be watched for a few days, and I can always take her in and get her sedated and looked at. But if I don't have to, I would rather not. She really gets stressed out at the vet's. You know she is always with us, so if we notice anything wrong again we would rush her right in. I am sure your angel dog is watching over this wonderful german shepherd of ours

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
great news about kenai, I quess that it may remain a mystery as to what the problem was. I think that good wishes and prays can truly help.