Guar Gum and Agar Agar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cats loved Oma's Pride food (the complete Purr) food but I quickly stopped feeding it to them when I asked the company about the bone content and found out it's 21%. That's very high and can cause constipation so if your cats are vomiting, that could be a factor.
That is pretty high. Though my boys never seemed bothered by bone. Their dry food has bone and so does their canned, and I never saw an issue with their poop surprisingly. Though all that bone could be causing other issues for all I know.

The only issues they have are skin related (and it's mostly teddy). But yeah, they love omas pride. It's the only commercial raw I've tried that they didn't get tired of. Sad I can't feed it anymore..

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is pretty high. Though my boys never seemed bothered by bone. Their dry food has bone and so does their canned, and I never saw an issue with their poop surprisingly. Though all that bone could be causing other issues for all I know.

The only issues they have are skin related (and it's mostly teddy). But yeah, they love omas pride. It's the only commercial raw I've tried that they didn't get tired of. Sad I can't feed it anymore..
Don't be. It's an insane amount of calcium. It would have really hurt their kidneys once they got older. More bone = more phosphorus.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't be. It's an insane amount of calcium. It would have really hurt their kidneys once they got older. More bone = more phosphorus.
I guess it's a good thing they only ate it once a day mon-fri and twice a day sat-sun instead of for every meal every day.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it's a good thing they only ate it once a day mon-fri and twice a day sat-sun instead of for every meal every day.
I agree about not being sad about it! Our cats absolutely loved that food but I never fed much of it, either, because the ingredients (I think it was the turkey necks?) made me wonder if the bone content was high.