Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not my mom. Something must have happened to her where she can't feel empathy. I can be there begging and crying and she is a stone cold brick wall. She doesn't even bat an eyelash at my tears.
I don't understand that at all. My heart breaks when J cries. Even if she's crying because she climbed on the kitchen table and I took her down and said it wasn't safe. Or because I brushed her teeth. Or told her not to bite my husband's toe.

I'm sorry you didn't get the mom you deserve.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like yesterday that you started this thread! :hearthrob:
Somehow it both seems like she was born yesterday, and that she has also been here forever.

Yesterday afternoon and evening were really rough. She was up early and we went to a new park for over an hour, so I thought she'd nap easily, but she kept getting silly and biting me and I lost my temper and yelled and then she didn't end up napping at all so was a huge wreck all evening until I put her to bed early at 8:30. So she woke up even earlier at 6:30 this morning.

I felt so terrible. I was mad and didn't even want to look at her (my husband ended up taking her out to another park), and felt guilty for feeling that way. I did tell her I was sorry and I would probably mess up sometimes, but idk.

I'm going to take her to a smallish zoo tomorrow. I bought her a leash for if and when she gets out of the stroller since she won't hold hands yet.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every parent needs a break! Just think of it as the opportunity to show her how to handle it and explain your feelings. Hitting your limit like that at some point is just part of parenting. Especially when they start getting old enough to test their boundaries. I've always remembered what the woman who ran our church nursery for ages said about a rough day with her middle one when she was 3ish and testing her limits. She said she looked at her and thought "I love you but I l don't like you right now!" And how every normal parent thinks that about every child at some point. :crazy: And I've definitely found that to be true!

I'm starting to wonder if we can't blame the weather or a solar flare or something though. I've heard several people talking about their tots skipping naps and turning into little Tasmanian devil tyrants in the last few days! :lol: Both my kids but especially DD did if they got over tired. And DD always slept way worse if she was over tired. It usually straightened itself out in a day or two but it could be really hard to deal in the meantime.

My cousin had her 2 year old at a trampoline park the other night thinking he would sleep so great! He was up till MIDNIGHT!! :cringe: And he's normally a good sleeper. He spent the next night at his Nana's and she posted a picture of him sleeping upside down in her bed with his feet where her head was supposed to go. :flail:Mama needed a break; Nana to the rescue! I still do even with big kids. Normally its my mom that I can call on. Yesterday DH took the kids to the movies. It's really rare that he does something like that on his own with them so I figured it was good for all of us. I was napping on the couch when they got home. When I finally came to I found DH and DS stretched out on our bed with snacks watching some survival tv show together. 🥴:lol: I do feel more rested and refreshed for our school week too. I needed it more than I realized.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably due an update.

My daughter's new thing is saying "uh oh". Most of the time accompanied by dropping things off the high chair tray, but she has this book involving a little boy falling that elicits it too. I have to admit it's pretty cute.

Her hair is starting to get a little longer on the sides and back. Still working on the front, but fingers crossed it might be starting to grow. She's walking both up and down stairs like a big girl, though I make her hold my hand going down at home. She can now eat melted cheese, and it's almost been long enough to try yogurt again.

She has a lot of big feelings, which is not always easy to deal with. I believe the total tooth count is currently 12 or 13. Her favorite place to be is outside. She loves parks, balls, cars, balloons, bubbles and animals. She has reached the "everything is mine" stage, which is especially an issue when someone else is on "her" swing at the park.

She's a lovely mixture of girly (she loves tutus, bracelets, shoes, etc), and rough and tumble daredevil. She's going to be some kind of athlete for sure - my guess is her interests will lead her to gymnastics, ninja warrior, rock climbing, or something of that nature, but I'm sure she'll let me know.

It's not easy, but I do love her a lot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She's a lovely mixture of girly (she loves tutus, bracelets, shoes, etc), and rough and tumble daredevil. She's going to be some kind of athlete for sure
Thanks for the update on J, we can't call her Baby J anymore. :nono: She sounds delightful coming into her own and what a wonderful blend of personality, i.e. feminine and athletic. You're a lucky mom indeed! :heartshape:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seems like it was just a little bit ago you had just brought her home and getting through those initial scary days. Now she is walking up and down stairs and has lots of teeth.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I know I haven't been super active on this site lately (minus the Wordle thread, where I've permanently camped out), but I thought I'd resurrect this thread to show off J's cool new shirt.

20220923_122040.jpg