Growing a Human - Again!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some reason holding your own newborn is much easier. Especially all swaddled up. It must be some kind of instinct. I was never willing to try holding someone else’s newborn before my own.

DD followed the heartburn myth with her hair. They put a little yarn bow in it in the NICU. It was SO cute! DS didn’t have as much.
could tell with all of my pregnancies as well. It could be a coincidence, but, as I said, I have never been wrong. (I have an exceptional and odd sense of smell. My husband smells like petrichor, which is one of my favorite smells.
Wow I don’t think I even got much of the pregnancy nose you always hear about. My husband smelled like salami during both of my pregnancies. No one else smelled any different to me; just him. It wasn’t enjoyable either:barfgreen:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up hearing about my insane amount of hair, lol. I think my parents tried giving me a haircut by like 9 months.

But if less hair means less than a 9lb baby, I'll take it happily!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my friend’s babies looked like baby Elvis when he was born! I think he had his first cut by 3 months! My poor DS had Baby Pattern Baldness for a little bit but it’s thick now! DD did not like being held all the time and rubbed off a ton of hair on the back and sides with a brown rat tail! (Which I trimmed off myself.) As it grew back in it was brown on top and blond on the bottom. Fortunately that evened out quickly too. And it’s neither of those colors now. :rolleyes2:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason holding your own newborn is much easier. Especially all swaddled up. It must be some kind of instinct. I was never willing to try holding someone else’s newborn before my own.

DD followed the heartburn myth with her hair. They put a little yarn bow in it in the NICU. It was SO cute! DS didn’t have as much.

Wow I don’t think I even got much of the pregnancy nose you always hear about. My husband smelled like salami during both of my pregnancies. No one else smelled any different to me; just him. It wasn’t enjoyable either:barfgreen:
This is not "pregnancy nose." I get that, too, but this is just my everyday sense of smell. Every person I have ever been within a few feet from has had a specific smell to me regardless of their soaps, perfumes, or detergent. Some people smell revolting to me. My friend's mother smells like an old aquarium filter that has not been rinsed in several months. I avoid being near her.

I also have a form of synesthesia called misophonia. It is when certain sounds and music make me feel sick. Just a few notes of Pink Floyd, without even knowing it is Pink Floyd, makes me instantly nauseated. Certain types of animation do the same thing. My doctor thinks the two are related.

Pregnancy nose made me have morning sickness throughout the entirety of each of my pregnancies. I was almost glad I had them bit early because it was simply hellish.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a form of synesthesia called misophonia. It is when certain sounds and music make me feel sick. Just a few notes of Pink Floyd, without even knowing it is Pink Floyd, makes me instantly nauseated. Certain types of animation do the same thing.
I was just going to say, that sounds like a form of synesthesia! I've heard of people with synesthesia who have the same symptoms, although I can't recall the name of that particular type.
I have synesthesia as well, but not misophonia. (I'm pretty certain that my dislike of certain sounds is due to my sensory issues from my ADHD.) I have several different types (including grapheme color synesthesia, pain color synesthesia, chromesthesia, mirror touch synesthesia, etc).

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
never all fell out like it does with some babies. And I know someone who was born with a full head of dark hair like that, then it all fell out
My mom used to tell the story about washing my brother’s head one day when he was still a tiny baby (he was her first). As she rubbed the washcloth over his head, his hair started to come off with it! She was absolutely horrified and rushed to the phone to call the doctor. The doctor assured her that it was normal and that she hadn’t ruined her kid. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
39 weeks

Full term! Bebe is the size of a French grain sack, a small pumpkin, a mini skateboard, an American Shorthair cat, and these two packages of oreos. Bebe is probably between 7.25 and 7.5lbs this week.

So far, Bebe is not showing any interest in evacuating yet. I'm okay with that! Once we're through with Christmas, we can renegotiate. :lol:

1224201223.jpg
1224201225a_HDR.jpg
1224201225.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So far, Bebe is not showing any interest in evacuating yet. I'm okay with that! Once we're through with Christmas, we can renegotiate. :lol:
December 28th, Bebe. That's the date I chose for the betting pool, and even though the only prize is you for your mommy and daddy, I still want to win. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to tell you what I always told the women who worked until they went into labor. Have some incontinence underwear or maxi pads ready just in case your water breaks at home.. It can be a cold and wet drive to the hospital otherwise. I know, I had to do that.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to tell you what I always told the women who worked until they went into labor. Have some incontinence underwear or maxi pads ready just in case your water breaks at home.. It can be a cold and wet drive to the hospital otherwise. I know, I had to do that.
I've had both for several weeks! :) My friend warned me about that several months ago, thankfully.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a small pumpkin, a mini skateboard, an American Shorthair cat, and these two packages of oreos.
Awww Bebe is the size of Demi, my pumpkin colored kitty. ❤ They sure do have some fun new flavors of Oreos.

That's the date I chose for the betting pool, and even though the only prize is you for your mommy and daddy
Too bad we couldn't win Bebe as the prize. But I don't think Lari Lari would go along with that idea. 😁

Have some incontinence underwear or maxi pads ready just in case your water breaks at home
Great idea. I never thought of that. In the movies, the woman's water always breaks all over the floor! :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea. I never thought of that. In the movies, the woman's water always breaks all over the floor! :thumbsup:
I also put a couple towels under my spot in the bed when I changed sheets today. I'm pretty sure my mom said her water never broke before getting to the hospital, and I think her doctor even had to break it at least once, but I'd rather be prepared just in case I'm different.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Someone I worked with had her water break in the public washroom at the office building. This was before my time, so not sure how, she dealt with it, but I'm sure it wasn't fun.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That does seem to run in families. My sister, mom and I were all water break at home and very short labor, like just a couple hours. One of my sister‘s daughters nearly had her first child in the car on the way to the hospital. She had gone in about 40 minutes earlier and the hospital sent her home saying it would be hours. Nearly home she insisted her husband turn around and drive her back. They only had time to get her in a bed and yank her clothes off before the baby came.

Last edited: