Greetings From The Moose Tribe!

moosedawg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I am relatively new to The Cat Site. I found this site about a month back while doing research for raw diet information. Lots of good info here! Anyway, I figured I should get around to introducing myself and my tribe of furkids!

I have 6 cats at the moment. I was down to only 3 a few months back because I had lost my other 3 cats to old age, bone cancer, and heart disease. :bawling: I started with 2 cats back when I was in college. I went to a local shelter and picked up a black kitty and his sister a brown tiger-striped tabby. I named them Greebo, aka Pookah and Zoey, aka Bean.
View media item 419669View media item 419671Many years later, we moved to a new rental house and were adopted by Roo and (we think his mother) Tuxie.
View media item 419667View media item 419668Apparently, Tuxie was pregnant and had 5 kittens. I gave one away to a coworker, a little gray one that looked much like Roo. Two of them were Siamese (Catpuccino and Tama). and two of them were tabbies (Finnegan and Tippy).
View media item 419672View media item 419670Sadly, Tama and Tippy passed away when they were just over 1 year old within a few months of each other to some unknown infection or virus that the vets could not figure out. They were negative for things like feline leukemia and whatnot and they were too young for cancer (or so we were told). They both passed suddenly, so we never knew what happened. They were fine one day, then started acting lethargic and not eating the next. Both were gone within 3-4 days of onset of symptoms. :(

Last year was a bad year for me in terms of kitty loss. I lost Pookah last Christmas to old age. A few months later, I lost Tuxie to bone cancer. On top of that, Finn was diagnosed with diabetes. He's doing fine now, and thankfully, he is in remission - YAY!

This past April, I lost my beloved Catpuccino to cardiomyopathy. I won't say I have "favorites" but I had a very special place in my heart for Cappy. He was my little shadow, and like most Siamese, he was a talker. We would have great conversations! After he passed, we were down to just the 3 cats, Bean, Finn, and Roo who are now getting up there in age. Bean is 14, Roo and Finn are 10. It was SO quiet in the house and Finn was lonely because he and Cappy were bonded brothers, they would always cuddle together, even though Cappy liked to pick on Finn at times.

That led me to the new additions to the tribe. I wanted another seal point Siamese because after Cappy, I really fell in love with the breed and the seal point coloring. I couldn't find any locally at any of the shelters and breeders were too expensive. I then found Beemer and Kosmo at a local no-kill shelter who, even though they are black, are 1/2 Siamese. I figured I could fill the Siamese void and the black kitty void I had after losing Pookah and Cappy. Their mother was a lilac point Siamese. I only had intentions of getting Beemer, but he was bonded to his brother Kosmo, so I couldn't separate them.
View media item 419665View media item 419663View media item 419664 They are 6 months old now and are an absolute hoot! Finn has been an absolutely awesome big brother to them!
View media item 419662A couple weeks ago, I saw this little guy at a shelter and had to go look at him. I didn't want to be back up at 6 cats, but I couldn't resist! He was a seal point Siamese mix and as it turns out has very cool tabby-like markings, which I have never seen on a Siamese before. His name is Munchausen von Flufferton or Muncherton for short. Although, I have been calling him Mr. Munch!View media item 419658View media item 419655View media item 419657Finn has been an excellent big brother to him too, which has made his transition to the household that much quicker.View media item 419673
So, that's me and my kitty tribe in a nutshell! :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hello again, Moosedawg! I'm glad to see pictures of all your furbabies!

Welcome!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3317.GIF
Moosedawg, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3141.GIF
to you and your furkids!

So sorry to hear about the passing of your kitties but am glad that you found new ones and they are all so beautiful :lovecat::lovecat4:

Glad that you are a cat person
IMG_3252.GIF

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOODNESS! A HERD of Moose...mooses?...meece? (goose-geese, moose-meece, right?) I am so sorry for your losses, but elated that so many kitties in need of a loving home found their way to you! They are, both past and present, such lovely cats! Yes, Munch is a tabby-point. It's a thing. I had one years ago, Tora He, which is Japanese for "Tiger Fart." Or so I was told. @Norachan would know for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moosedawg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
GOODNESS! A HERD of Moose...mooses?...meece? (goose-geese, moose-meece, right?) I am so sorry for your losses, but elated that so many kitties in need of a loving home found their way to you! They are, both past and present, such lovely cats! Yes, Munch is a tabby-point. It's a thing. I had one years ago, Tora He, which is Japanese for "Tiger Fart." Or so I was told. @Norachan would know for sure.
Sure, I'd go with meece, LOL - and OMG Tiger fart! That's hilarious - that's right up my alley for names! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
All of your kitties are beautiful, but I'm intrigued the most by Munch's markings! Wow!