Greetings From Germany

Larkspur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband and I adopted Lucy in March. She's a deaf Russian White who turns 1 year in May. She is really bright cat who loves to play fetch, play in the water and cuddle. She has picked up sign language very quickly and besides fetch she has learned to sit, stay, heal, come and down. She also has an obsession with socks which apparently need to be washed often in the water bowl. Besides washing socks, she also collects plastic for recycling. Next we'll teach her to build ikea furniture...

I was raised by two Siamese cats. The one who had paralyzed hind legs taught me to walk. After that was the barn cat who was afraid of the outdoors and loved donuts. Jazzmine was my last, a Maine Coon with some social issues. We met my husband at when she was 9. At 10 we adopted Cayenne, Jazzy's best friend the rabbit, to keep her active. We lost both within months of each other a year and a half ago, at ages 9 and 20 to cancer and hypothyroidism.

My husband has no experience with kittens and young cats and despite my 40 years of cat ownership, I am a little out of practice with the young ones. Looking forward to your tips!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Larkspur, welcome to TCS :wave3:

Thank you for adopting Lucy :clap:

Great to know that she's learning sign language and executing the commands :clap2:

Glad that you have the love for cats. If you have any questions regarding kittens, you can post your questions in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care under the Cat Care Forums.

Other than that, do browse around the site for the other many interesting and helpful articles and forum threads.

Do post photos of Lucy for us to see :wink:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I'd love to see Lucy too! My brother has a Maine Coon named Lucy. :redheartpump:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome. Is Lucy the one in your avatar? She's very pretty.
Btw, can you teach my dog to stay? He's co-dependent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Larkspur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes that is little Lucy in the avatar pick. As it turns out it's hard to get a deaf cat to look in the camera! kashmir64 kashmir64 I had a Samoyed and it took months to get her to fetch and she was never great at it. She wasn't that smart but super sweet. Cats are much easier to train ;-)
But if anyone wants some tips on training, I could post something when I have a bit of time. With Lucy, being deaf and the first cat ever to not like ANY treats, I'm using some weird techniques. I teach music and languages for a living and, don't tell my students, I use the same techniques with my students.
Cheers and thanks everyone for the welcome!