Graphic Help & Resources

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it's because I've never had a blue eyed cat before, or maybe because his pupils are always dialated so much - but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the red eye out of Smudge's photos. Here's an example of a photo I'm having trouble with. I've tried burning and such, but it just looks like a huge black hole in his face, LOL!

Suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.luchetta.com/kittens/New Baby/HelpEyes.jpg

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Maybe it's because I've never had a blue eyed cat before, or maybe because his pupils are always dialated so much - but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the red eye out of Smudge's photos. Here's an example of a photo I'm having trouble with. I've tried burning and such, but it just looks like a huge black hole in his face, LOL!

Suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.luchetta.com/kittens/New Baby/HelpEyes.jpg
With a picture like that one, burning would not work, because the red and flash have basically whited out the entire eye. You would have to basically paint the colour in.

I'll see if I can do something with it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

With a picture like that one, burning would not work, because the red and flash have basically whited out the entire eye. You would have to basically paint the colour in.

I'll see if I can do something with it.
Thanks Hope! I'm such a dismal photographer that all his photos look like that.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, here is what I came up with. I ended up not having to paint the eye colour in. What I did was try to see where the pupils were, and that I painted in black, then I removed the saturation from the eye colour and added Blue and Cyan, until I got a colour that looked like the colour of Smudges eyes, so basically, all I did was add colour, and not paint it in, if that makes sense. It's kind of a quicky job, and since I don't have the actual eye colour of smudge in front of me, I don't know if I added the shades just right, but at least they're blue and the red eye is gone.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, here is what I came up with. I ended up not having to paint the eye colour in. What I did was try to see where the pupils were, and that I painted in black, then I removed the saturation from the eye colour and added Blue and Cyan, until I got a colour that looked like the colour of Smudges eyes, so basically, all I did was add colour, and not paint it in, if that makes sense. It's kind of a quicky job, and since I don't have the actual eye colour of smudge in front of me, I don't know if I added the shades just right, but at least they're blue and the red eye is gone.
Awesome! I think I'm trying to make the pupils too big. I see where you're going here. So the smaller of the two circles that make up the "red eye" is the pupil, and the other part is part of the iris, I guess. I'll have to see if I'm up to that.

Unfortunately, his eyes aren't quite that blue, LOL. But it looks very cool. I can't wait to share pics of him, and that's why I haven't so far.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can make them less blue. So can you, just desaturate the pupils a bit. You'll need to use the lasso tool, and just cirucle the iris, not the pupils or the rest of the kitty, and you can control how blue, and the right shade. Is the shade rigtht on the one I did?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can make them less blue. So can you, just desaturate the pupils a bit. You'll need to use the lasso tool, and just cirucle the iris, not the pupils or the rest of the kitty, and you can control how blue, and the right shade. Is the shade rigtht on the one I did?
You mean on my siggy picture? Yes, that's more like it. His eyes are on the pale side, but getting darker as he ages...

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! I grabbed this project a bit ago, and no one had even expressed interest in it yet!!! I get done and it's already finished.

Great job Hope!

Here is what I was able to come up with. It's not very good though.

He got into kitty color changeing contacts. He is practicing for Halloween.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

Oh wow! I grabbed this project a bit ago, and no one had even expressed interest in it yet!!! I get done and it's already finished.

Great job Hope!

Here is what I was able to come up with. It's not very good though.

He got into kitty color changeing contacts. He is practicing for Halloween.
Hee hee! Did you colorize or use HSL?

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
here's a more true color. Well, more true than my first attempt.

i painted in the pupil then I selected the other portion of the eye and sharpened it, colorized it, enhanced the contrast then softend it back down. lol That is how it got so bright the first time. Enhancing the contrast usually makes my eyes realy bright.

SO, this last time, to tone it down, i selected the colored area, and just turned down the saturation, then softened it again to blend it all in. I did have to fill in some spots with the push brush, as some of the lighter blue areas went almost white.

It's tough working on tiny blury eyes! Go Hope!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just fixed another photo and learned that when you're zoomed in to 1000% it may look crappy, but perfectly presentable at actual size.

Here: I only fixed his left eye

PS - he's getting a lot bigger, huh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to play too

I cut out Smudge's eyes and replaced them with Bumpers and then put a colour layer over top and set it to hue, I would do the same with the second one

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe! That's my boy! (all sprawled out or chasing things full speed, heehee!)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wondering, how do you things like wings and rainbow in the background for RB kitties? Do you have jpegs that you use, or do you make them yourself?