Got A New Cat Two Months Ago. Help.

Kalyboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I had two female calicos, Allons-y and Oswin. In July Allons-y passed away unexpectedly, I was super heartbroken as she was effectively my cat while Oswin gravitated more towards my husband. So after a month a adopted a 9 month old boy named Aaron. I introduced them slowly, not letting Aaron out of his room for a week other than to let him walk around while Oswin was upstairs. Now its been two months, both cats roam the house freely but Oswin HATES him, she growls at him 24/7, doesnt want to go near him, acts afraid of him. Aaron lived in a shelter where he was let out to mingle with the other cats all day long, they saud he is very good with other animals which is why I chose him and he is a super sweet cat for the most part, very lovey and loves to play but he does like to stalk Oswin and a lot of the time he runs at her or pounces at her. Not on her or touching her but he stands up tall and swishes his tail. I cant tell if hes trying to play or not and it sends her into a screaming, growling fit even if he hasnt touched her. Im not really sure what to do to get them to at least tolerate eachother without the hissing and growling all the time. Ive bought Aaron and Oswin toys to keep them occupied but it hasnt helped. There are two litter boxes and they both use either of them, they are both fixed, they eat out of eachothers food bowls. If just like them to at least get along, if not Im afraid I'll have to get rid of Aaron as its stressing out the whole household. Any help would be great!

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know how helpful this would be, but I had a similar problem with my two cats. Essentially, it took time. I introduced them properly, but they still would hiss, growl, etc. for months. But they had no problem sharing litter boxes and food. It's now been a year since I've had both of them under one roof and they tolerate each other. They don't cuddle or interact with each other, but they don't attack each other anymore either. It really took about six months before they would even be in the same room together without one of them looking disgusted and stalking out of the room to sulk.