Good Vibes needed for new 3 - 5 week old kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great news. Now that Hope is being SubQ'd and is on additional antibiotics, her strength and appetite have returned and I have not seen any signs of diarrhea since yesterday. She woke up this morning and sucked down the KMR like there was no tomorrow. She got angry and clenched my hand with both of her little paws when I tried to take the bottle away.

In case any of you are interested here is Hope's regiment:
Tracy (my foster coordinator) suspected that she probably had an upper resp infection so we have her on antibiotics to clear up the infection. She definitely has tapeworms so she is on a dewormer for that. She also has coccidia so she is on an antibiotic for that. And finally she was very very dehydrated so we are SubQing her until at least the end of the day today.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SaveTheKitties

Great news. Now that Hope is being SubQ'd and is on additional antibiotics, her strength and appetite have returned and I have not seen any signs of diarrhea since yesterday. She woke up this morning and sucked down the KMR like there was no tomorrow. She got angry and clenched my hand with both of her little paws when I tried to take the bottle away.

In case any of you are interested here is Hope's regiment:
Tracy (my foster coordinator) suspected that she probably had an upper resp infection so we have her on antibiotics to clear up the infection. She definitely has tapeworms so she is on a dewormer for that. She also has coccidia so she is on an antibiotic for that. And finally she was very very dehydrated so we are SubQing her until at least the end of the day today.
YAY I am so glad to hear she is doing better!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the good news update. I am so glad that the weakest baby is getting stronger. You & your babies are in my prayers.

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I so glad that little Hope is improving and I pray that she will continue to get better.

Lots of <<good vibes>> going your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little
Hope
is eating like a pig

Bandit still has Coccidia but is eating and growing.

I feel certain that we are out of the woods with both babies.

The latest challenge is that these two have the adventurous nature of a 4 to 5 week old but the size of a 3 week old. They are both able to squeeze through the bars in their cages (1 1/2" space) which makes it very difficult to control their whereabouts. But this will be short lived as the amount they are eating will soon have them too big to squeeze thru.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like good news all round! I remember when I sighed with relief as each of mine grew too big to a) go under my bed and into the spring and b) to fit under the balcony rail and walk along the outside gutter. I know they are cats and have balance but...