Good Vibes needed for new 3 - 5 week old kitten

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

So I picked up 2 little bottle feeders yesterday from a local rescue group that I will foster until adoption (if they make it). The lady at the rescue group said they were 3 weeks old, however, my foster coordinator (an absolutely brilliant lady when it comes to care for cats & kittens) thinks they are closer to 4 or 5 weeks and are very undernurished. I too have to say they are older than 3 weeks because the ears are fully open and they will perk their ears to sounds and they both have a good display of baby teeth through the surface.

Anyway, both of these little guys are undernurished and dehydrated and having a hard time nursing. And if that isn't bad enough on its own, one of them is very sick.

She has diarrhea indicating a gastro intestinal problem, tape worms, is severly dehydrated, is hardly eating. The next 72 hours are critical for this little baby

Please keep this little gal in your thoughts and send some good purry vibes her way.

hannahj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will most definitely send them good vibes. Congrats on doing such a good job with them! Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all

Sara, I just checked out your coooool website. I think I am the first in your forum

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They won my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for being one of the many kind hearted people!!

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mika sends all his coldest & wetest nose rubs to you, and asked if he could send his favorite toy for the babies. But since he can't, he said to make sure you knew he was thinking about all three of you and hoping all goes well!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little things! I'll keep them in my thoughts and send them both, but especially the wee sick one, lots of healthy vibes.

I'll move this to Health & Nutrition too. Please keep us updated on their progress...

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Both babies are eating canned food and quasy using the litter box which definitely means they are older than three weeks. Their eyes have not really changed colors but they are not the vivid blue of a little tiny kitten. Anyone want to venture a guess of their age.

Pictures of the babies can be found here:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...898#post680898

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well we've name the babies.

Bandit the boy is stable right now, he really hasn't gained any weight since yesterday but nor has he lost any. He is eating a combination of canned and KMR. His BM is very runny so we are suplementing his water intake and he is on a dewormer.

Hope the little girl on the otherhand is a very sick little girl. She has lost about 1.5 oz. Yesterday she voided so many tape worms I thought her insides were coming out. Her bottom is so sore she sleeps with one leg in the air. We are using Boudreax's Butt Cream on her bottom to try to give her some relief. Yesterday she ate well so I was certain she was going to pull through. Today I am not so certain, she is being fed using a syringe to ensure she is getting nurishment. Food is dilute KMR and / or diluted canned food. Water is also being being given using a syringe. We have her on a dewormer as well. I plan on staying up with her tonight so I can feed her every 2 hours.

Inspite of it all, still she purrs and cuddles. Please keep the good vibes coming our way. It sure helps to know I have support and friends pulling for her.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh...you are an angel.
God bless you for taking care of those little lost souls.

My prayers are with all of you.

Please keep us updated on their progress.

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little Hope is going for a "SubQ". I am forcefeeding ever hour or so. Things don't look. But I will not give up. Never give up hope, right!