Good Cat..Lucky me

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled open the blind over the sliding glass door to go and take the trash out and go get some milk and the cat trying to be the first out the door suddenly recoiled and spat.
Looked down and there was a foot long brown snake coiled up on the black rubber mat outside the door.
Rained heavily last night and think it might have been washed put of its hole.
It was so cold and stiff it couldn't even uncoil.
Its in a pillowcase at the moment while I decide what to do with it..lol
Bit of a worry though having one living so close to the house.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled open the blind over the sliding glass door to go and take the trash out and go get some milk and the cat trying to be the first out the door suddenly recoiled and spat.
Looked down and there was a foot long brown snake coiled up on the black rubber mat outside the door.
Rained heavily last night and think it might have been washed put of its hole.
It was so cold and stiff it couldn't even uncoil.
Its in a pillowcase at the moment while I decide what to do with it..lol
Bit of a worry though having one living so close to the house.
I think your cat saved both your lives!!!
That'd be a tough call.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure got my attention...didnt need a coffee to get me going this morning.
Yeah, you may have seen my posts about when we lived in the Mojave and I went up to the henhouse only to find a big Mojave Green (the most dangerous venom of all the rattlesnakes) in there with the south end of a big rat protruding from its stretched jaws. I hightailed it back to the house quick. Of course, (s)he was fortunately busy at the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah..they are pretty nasty and in spring they are waking up hungry and aggressive.
Blue is staying inside next few days until i have done a good search around for any others..hopefully this one has come down from the forest at the back of the house and not a resident.
Blue is going to get a good dinner tonight...lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah..they are pretty nasty and in spring they are waking up hungry and aggressive.
Blue is staying inside next few days until i have done a good search around for any others..hopefully this one has come down from the forest at the back of the house and not a resident.
Blue is going to get a good dinner tonight...lol
Beluga caviar and wild-caught salmon, at the VERY least, Silver Crazy Silver Crazy ! Give that cat the BEST!!!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good cat indeed, wow, that's amazing. And good owner, for not ignoring their cat and stepping into disaster!
I'd say you BOTH earned a good favorite meal!
Thankyou but the snake was so cold and stiff I would have had to stick my toe in his mouth to get a bite..just more pleased the way the cat reacted.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Released the snake this morning about a 15 minute drive from here on a creek bank with lots of logs and things around but the snake shot out of the pillowcase straight into the water..that didn't go as planned..lol.
Hope its ok.
Treid to get a pic but it was too quick..car heater warmed him up to much I think..lol

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Released the snake this morning about a 15 minute drive from here on a creek bank with lots of logs and things around but the snake shot out of the pillowcase straight into the water..that didn't go as planned..lol.
Hope its ok.
Treid to get a pic but it was too quick..car heater warmed him up to much I think..lol
*Bye bye brownie!* I'm pretty sure (s)he'll be okay.