Gonzo Hasn't Eaten In A Week...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Who knew that a cat pooping could make you so happy?! :)
We have a whole Poop Cheering Section here for a couple of members and their cats!

Yet another update... Just when we thought Gonzo was getting better, he took a turn for the worse. The vet called and recommended emergency surgery. We agreed and it was done and it went well. She found a piece of foam in his intestine that was causing the blockage. He's recovering well and should be home tomorrow. The clinic has been fantastic (Friends and Family in Grand Rapids, MI); keeping us updated and not running up bills for the extra care they provided. We hope Gonzo will be home tomorrow.
Dear Heavens. This worked out very, very well, however, as he was well-hydrated and his organs in much better shape because of it when this happened. I'm so pleased that they were able to remove the blockage, and are keeping an eye out for your wallet, as well! Truly a wonderful clinic.

Let us know how Gonzo is doing.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:woohoo:

Poor baby, he has to wear the Cone of Shame! I wish I remembered where I put the instructions for making a little sleeve tummy protector from a tee shirt! If I can find it, I'll post it for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gonzo's grandma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:woohoo:

Poor baby, he has to wear the Cone of Shame! I wish I remembered where I put the instructions for making a little sleeve tummy protector from a tee shirt! If I can find it, I'll post it for you.
Thanks for the idea. I actually googled it and found some instructions and made one but it seemed to make him restless so back to the cone. Well, the cone kept mysteriously coming off ;-) but Gonzo was not showing any signs of licking, biting or scratching his scar so we let him go without it and he is doing fine.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me for boring you with Gonzo's updates. He is healing well, the bruising has subsided and his starting to eat better. Not sure how he achieved this pose.View attachment 199815
Boring they most definitely are not! I wish the best for the poor little fellow. Get well soon little buddy.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Forgive me for boring you with Gonzo's updates.
Never, EVER feel that you need to apologize for updating us on how a cat is doing! We LIVE for this stuff, seeing a cat we worried over doing well. We'd be disappointed if you didn't update us regularly about his recovery.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Gee, I got busy and didn't manage to come on line for a few days and look what dramas I miss. Poor little Gonzo, he really has been through the wars. What a relief he was at the vets and under observation so they could respond rapidly when needed. It is great that you have kept coming back to let us know how Gonzo's recovery is going. That recent posed photo of him suggests he is feeling fairly comfortable despite the scar and that must be a massive relief for you. Keep us up to date on his progress, and hopefully news that he no longer shows any interest in foam mats....

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap: Yay!!! Gonzo can do the stretch!!! Thank you so much for the updates - please let us know how he is progressing. People from the world over read these threads in search of ideas and advice for their cat. Gonzo's thread will remind cat guardians to think about more than the obvious (constipation, cancer) when dealing with potential blockages.
Good detective work - who'd of thought of an exercise mat being the culprit:dunno:
Prayers and vibes for speedy healing, Gonzo
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How cool is that? I just added it to my Wish List on Amazon so I can find it quickly for people here! LOL...there are some very odd things on that list for that very reason!