Going on a vacation?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
You could ask the Cats Protection Organisation if they would, please, trap and neuter Tommy for free as he's a stray cat and not owned by anyone.

I'm pleased that Oreo's eye isn't too bad.

You're doing ever so well at all this. I'm proud of you.

:salute:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh thanks, I'll try to get him neutered..

Oreo's eye is perfect now..? I don't know how... I just cleaned it with cotton, he hissed at me, and ran out of the house from an open window.. My mum and I keep the windows close but my dad opens them... And then Oreo came home an hour or two later and his eye looks like nothing happened.. Its all clean... No swelling, no blood..

I don't know if I worry about it or not, he's eating his food, drinking water, playing and sleeping normally..

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever , very early in this thread you said that you were going to get him neutered in two months.. it much closer to that date. Have you made any arrangements? I don't know where you live and how easy it is to get a vet appointment but you really need to start to organise it.
Most of the issues you talk about will be addressed once this is done.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mani mani
Oreo, the male cat that belongs to OP was fixed 2 or 3 weeks ago. Oreo is much happier and better behaved inside than before he was fixed, but is used to being an indoor/outdoor cat.
Male cat Tommy from the last few posts is a stray. This cat visits and must start fights.

OP is in the midst of finals/qualification exams and lives in the UK. I've been keeping in touch with her by PM. Her next exam is chemistry on Thursday. Her exams will not be finished until the end of April.
She is quite busy with her studies, so I'm simply filling in some information in her place.

Last edited:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate chemistry, I forget everything on the exam day but I sometime remember some stuff and that's what helps me get at least C or B.. I don't know if I'll be able to remember anything for today's exam because..

This person in my neighbourhood killed this dog who I loved so much, she was always trying to play with me but she was a stray so I didn't knew if she'll bite me or not but she was still the cutest.. She had five little puppies, these poor puppies lost their mum and they're not even eating anything, just sleeping.. That person also poisoned two puppies and their dad (only one puppy and mum is left)..

Like, I don't understand.. He could've given these dogs to shelter or something if they bothered him so much, why just kill them? I'm pretty sure he'll go to jail.. This family here used to give food to the dog and her puppies.. They yelled so much at that person few minutes ago, they said they're going to call police...

Some people don't know how precious animals are, they shouldn't kill poor animals.. I've been crying so much since o found out these dogs died.. They weren't even mine but I want them to be back and that'll never happen...

I'm afraid he'll kill the cats too, Oreo is staying inside a lot now... He's not eating anything from last night though.. Maybe I should take him to vet, but I don't want my parents to say "you didn't got A on exam because you took Oreo to vet".. My mum said we'll clean his eye or take him to vet, my dad likes cats now but he's still against spending money on cats...

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
So much unneeded added stress! You really are in my thoughts and prayers just now.

My cat, Brian, who was the love of my entire life, was intentionally poisoned to death last year by my neighbour with antifreeze laced tuna! My next door neighbour lost two cats to the poisoner. There has been at least another 20 cats poisoned to death in the village over the last 2 years alone. Even if we catch him red handed, in the act, he will not go to prison. He'll likely get a fine and banned from keeping cats for 1 to 2 years. Why he can't put cat repellents in his garden or at least talk to his neighbours with cats is beyond me. I think it's the man in the house only two doors down from where I lived. I moved away entirely after Brian, I was so grief stricken. I've not been back to the village since (a year ago), my mum lives in the village. I fear that I will go round to his house and knock his lights out, or worse!

Dogs seem to rank higher in the RSPCA , and so conviction rates for abuse and neglect are higher. However, he would still just get a small fine and banned from owning dogs for about 2 years. And that would depend on proof. If he were a repeat offender, killing many dogs, and was caught in the act, he might get a lifetime ban. I don't actually think any animal cruelty has been convicted and sent to prison.

Have you phoned the RSPCA to inform them? I recommend your doing this. They might send around an undercover, stake-out, van. And, write everything suspicious down that you notice, and take photographs and videos. These will be vital for any criminal prosecution.

Try to keep your cats inside for the time being. If Oreo starts acting drunk, continues not eating, hides, vomits, etc - take him to the vet asap.

And it is the RSPCA you need to call, as well as the police. The RSPCA have special powers to enforce the law, which the police don't have.

I wish I lived nearer to you, I've got an ace book on the periodic table that makes it fun and easy to learn.

This is another easy periodic table thingy, I'd wish I given it to you earlier:

Attachments

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Brian.. Was he okay after that? Is Brian the cat in your picture?

I was really worried about Oreo.. But, last night, he started eating and his eye look so much better. He's even playing and staying in the house most of the time. If he doesn't stay inside, he stays in the backyard.. He's not going too far now...

I can't do anything about the dogs, this family can (who took care of dogs).. They're so mad at that person.

Every single person here in the neighbourhood is sad about the dogs' death.. So many kids here wants these dogs to come back.. Last year, this little boy gave dog some cookies, the dog ate them and left some, after, the boy ate all the left cookies (kind of weird how he ate cookies with dog's saliva on them...) But, everyone loved these dogs so much.. Never thought these sweet dogs will leave us like this... I wish I had at least one picture of them, but I can never forget their sweet faces..

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever Yes, that's Brian in my photo. He's an integral part of my being and always will be. He died four days after consuming the poison. He was in hospital on a drip for 3 days. I had him cremated. I keep his ashes with me; they are to go in my coffin when I am cremated. It cost me well over £1200 to treat him. I now have my new cat, Dudley, insured.

Brian had been an inside only cat for 9 and 1/2 years. Then I moved to the countryside, and was persuaded to let him out. He died 5 days after turning 10: he was in peak condition, in the prime of his life. I will never allow another of my cats to go outside ever again!

Did you check out the periodic table attachment? It's actually really quite good at explaining, and a handy reference for the future. I know your exam is over but still... How did it go, by the way?

I'm impressed with your use of commas and apostrophes in your last post. When is your English Language exam?

Thank you for asking about Brian. I'm pleased that Oreo is ok. What name did you decide on for Candy-Elsa? And, I deeply saddened for you and all those in your neighbourhood who loved the dogs. Remember to keep a keen eye out and take notes, photos, videos etc of anyone acting suspiciously.

:vibes::read:

:vibes::winner:

:vibes::party:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Brian looks so much like Oreo.. Oreo is the same colour but his nose is orange/brown.

I had this four month old cat 5 or 6 years ago, I was 8 or 9 years old so I didn't knew how to take care of cats but I've loved cats since I was three years old.. So, the cat's name was "Snowy", he was beautiful white kitten... I loved him so much but when he was almost five months old, he went outside and someone poisoned him (he was indoor cat, it was his first time outside). He died on the day before my birthday.

My English exam is tomorrow and I'm sure I will get 90% or 100% :) but my chemistry exam went kind of bad...

I've decided to name my kitty "Elsa".. Oreo and Elsa are like 'father and daughter', when I got Elsa, she was so scared of Oreo, then four days later, they started playing... Oreo accepts any cat in the house..

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just saw Twix with three kittens (they were around 2 weeks old), she was just outside of the house but didn't came inside.. I'm going to school now so I can't do anything right now..

Please anyone tell me, what can I do to make her come back in the house?