Ginger is now turning up her dainty nose...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both of my cats are real picky about wet food. They eat Solid Gold Blended Tuna, 3 flavors of Meow Mix market selects, and a little Wellness Chicken or Turkey. I thought all cats liked wet food better than dry but mine sure don't and I am finding out that it is a common problem.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Are there any others of you out there that have had cats actually reject wet in favor of dry food, when wet is what you'd prefer that they eat?
yes... Wonton loves his dry, and I always get the feeling he only eats the wet as a favor to me, when he's feeling particularly generous. He only likes Fancy Feast, the regular and the one with Savory Greens, but he only wants it sometimes. When he doesn't, even if he's hungry, he wont touch it. He'll just walk around and paw at everything, which is his way of saying "Where the heck's the dry food?" I wish he'd eat more wet, I don't feel an exclusively dry diet is the best for him.. and he does eat some, but not as much as I'd like.

He's just really picky. This is a cat who even turns up his nose at tuna sometimes. We ran out of dry the other day, and due to a bunch of things, I wasn't able to get to the store to get more for 24 hours. We have plenty of canned tuna tho - so you'd think that'd hold him over for a day, right? Wrong. He ate some in the am, but at dinner time turned up his nose, and just set about pawing at anything that looked remotely like it could be the box with the dry food in it.. I felt bad :/ So bad that I went out at 3 am to 7-11 and bought a hugely overpriced box of dry (chefs blend original the only dry he'll eat) so he could have his precious dry food.

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can so relate to this thread! I too have picky eaters when it comes to wet food. It has mainly been my male Brandon who will only eat a small amount of Natural Balance Tuna & Shrimp and Meow Mix Tuna. But my female Kabou, who usually eats mostly wet sometimes goes through stages where all of a sudden she won't touch the wet food that she normally enjoys. I end up buying can after can trying to entice them and end up throwing it down the drain. Kabou is in one of those stages right now. She normally enjoys Natural Balance chicken and liver, the Turkey, and Salmon. Part of the problem with her might be hair ball issues. I give her laxatone, but she has a hard time getting rid of them sometimes. She also seems to have a sensitive stomach in that she will love a new wet food the first time and then the next day gives it one lick and off she goes. She has been getting into Brandon's dry food (Evo) more often than I would like recently.