Getting to know each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A. I don't really have a favorite word, but my husband thinks 'I don't know/care' is.....I say it a lot!!

Q. If you watch Survivor, who do you want to win & why?

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read all the posts in this forum and had to respond to Rene-I was so moved by your poem. My 36 year old son has AIDS. We are so lucky though because he has been sick for 12 years and is still doing well. We are so grateful for each day we have with him and he is very excited about becoming an uncle in May. He has painted the baby's nursery and made the curtains for it. She is going to be one very spoiled child!

Now to post a question; Why do you suppose some people fear gays so much?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kaaren, I am so very sorry to hear that your son has aids....I am also glad he seems to have beaten the odds, and is doing well. If you need someone to talk to, we are here....it doesn't have to have anything to do with cats....we are here for you.

A: Some people fear gays so much because they don't understand it, and their minds are closed. They can't see that there is more than one way of thinking, besides theirs. They are the ones who are deprived. Deprived of having more than one view, deprieved of being open to more than one concept.

Q: Do you ever feel sorry for yourself ( I know I do ) and why? And is it okay to feel this way.

pnut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. I wouldn't say that I feel sorry for myself, more like dissapointed in one part of my life. First, let me say, that I feel very fortunate. I have a great family, wonderful friends, I like my job and I am about to marry the most amazing man in the world. What would I change? Owing credit card companies a lot of money. I wish I were a little smarter my last year in college or I wouldn't have this problem. I don't mind student loan payments, car payments, rent.. and that kind of stuff. It is the credit card stuff that makes me mad. I wish that this world was not all about money!

Q. What is your favorite season and why?

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. (in the form of a poem by e.e. cummings)

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
lucious the little
lame balloonman

whistes far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and
the

goat-footed

balloon-Man whistles
far
and
wee

Q. Describe your best surprise. It can be one you perpetrated on someone else, or a surprise for you.

[Edited by Meghan on 03-09-2001 at 04:47 PM]

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The best surprise I've been involved in in recent years was helping our now son-in-law surprise our daughter with her engagement ring. He wrapped a lump of coal in a very fancy package and gave it to her for Christmas. She sort of thought she was getting a ring and was obviously disappointed but, then he pointed to her stocking and she saw the ring box in it. It was a wonderful surprise for her and great that Phillip allowed use to share the moment

Now, do any of you have a cat you really don't like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
A: nope, never met such a cat
Really, I know cats that other people don't like because they make too much noise or spray or whatever, but I know they never mean to be bad. I also know people that think that some cats look ugly (yeah, some people do!). Last time I was at the local shelter I fell in love with the thinnest, tail-less scruffy looking tabby.... So I guess no cat is too ugly for me

Q: Which countries have you ever been to?

jennifer durand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A. MONEY! FUN! MUSIC! Guess that's why I'm the regional manager of a chain of music stores. I think I'd like to become a DJ someday soon. My next career.

Q. What's the worst pickup line you ever heard?
(mine - "if your man gives you a headach, can I be your
asprin?)

[Edited by jennifer durand on 03-10-2001 at 10:31 AM]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
A: All the fallen angel lines: Did it hurt? Woman: Did what hurt? When you fell out of heaven?

Q: What musical instrument do you play or would you like to play?

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. I love to sing, and only wish that I had the guts to do it in public. :chicken:
As far as other non-vocal instruments go, I would love to play the piano.

Q. Have you ever gone to a concert that you are embarrassed to admit to now?

I'll go first. When I was in the tenth grade, my parents, brother, sister, and I went to an MC Hammer & Vanilla Ice concert.
My whole school was there, too, but I was the only one with the whole fam' in tow!!

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A. I guess it would have to be Michael Bolton concerts (went to 2). It's embarassing for me to admit because I no longer listen to his music & people give me a lot of crap because of it! (I listen to Alternative...... but I can listen to pretty much anything except Rap, Country & Opera)

Q. What is your favorite "comfort" food?

pnut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. I would pay off my credit card bills!

Q. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ANY ice cream is okay by me! I don't discriminate!

What is the best advice you ever got?

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. To shut up more often than I am wont to do and not argue with my husband over trivial matters, e.g. whether to buy jam or preserves! (How utterly silly!)

Q. What is your most irrational fear? :evilalien:

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how irrational it is but, I am terrified of fire. I'm nearly obsessive about shuting things off and not letting candles burn unless I'm in the room. Of course, my mother was killed in a fire when I was a young woman so maybe that is where it comes from.

Question: What do you feed your cats? Exclusively dry, all canned, etc?

pnut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. Eukanuba, Chicken and Rice (dry)

Q. What time of night do you "turn into a pumkin" (i.e. cannot be awake one minute longer)?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: that depends on what night of the week it is...if it is a weeknight...usually 10 pm. But on weekends, it just depends on how tired I am...I might stay up all night!

Q: If you could have just one wish....what would it be. ( This is a toughy, I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.