Getting to know each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A. Let me first say, that I am a "scientist". Human cloning is an interesting an wonderful on a scientific basis.
In some ways, I see it is benefit.. like being able to grow your own new kidney for a kidney transplant. I think that I have a pretty open mind and accept pretty much anything. But, on a society standpoint human cloning seems BAD BAD BAD! I don't feel that it OK to "play God" and make new lives in that way. It is hard to explain why, but it is just WRONG (to me)! Plus, what would happen to individuality and there not being any one else just like you?

Q. What is the worst part of your day?

trent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The worst part of the day is when the kids come home from school. Stress city migrane central, the fighting begins. mess after mess. cant stand it it is like a zoo here. and then nobody will answer my posts.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: the worst part of my day is when i get stuck in traffic on the drive home. other than that i can't think of anything about my day that is consistantly bad.

Q: where do you work? what do you do for a living?

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trent; how many kids are we talkig about? I came from a large family. Six in all. I have never had kids, so you will think I have no business advising but I have raised my sister's two girls and at one time I taught kindergarten in a private Christian school. I know the messes can be agrivating. Are you a Virgo or one of the other earth signs that has to have everything perfect and in order? I thought so. . . . Let me tell you the Earth doesn't stop rotating when a glass of Kool-Aide spills! Stop, breathe, and thank God for healthy kids that can run thru the house. God never gives us more than we can handle,but sometimes I think He gets a kick out of watching us try! While you're stopping and breathing just say, "Thank you, Jesus for making this (Tommy's) last mess for today. Try it. Also, in my house when the girls were +3or4 yrs. old the rule was if you mess it, you clean it and nothing else you want to do or have goes forward until you attempt to clean up your mishap. One of the hardest things is to stand back and watch a 4yr. old use 1/2 a roll of paper towels to clean up 2oz. of chocolate milk, and, yes, we still have to clean it up right, but I think it makes them think the next time they get in the fridge. Try thinking of the time the kids come home from school as the best part of the day. 15 minutes before zero hour ask for help, tolerence, and an extra dose of love to help you get thru, and God will give it to you. Love ya, I will pray for you everyday at 3:30 (2:30 my time I think) and things will lighten up. . . . .. . . . . . . . .Threeleggedkat

swalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi trent!! Threeleggedcat gave really good advice!! Patience is your best answer. Always remember that they are just children and they are your children. Guide them and give them as much love as possible. Things will get a lot easier when they are older. Enjoy them now before they are all off to College!!

Q.) What is your favorite type of Food (Mine is Italian)

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swalker; My favorite type of food is Hot (ha ha) unless cold is all that is available ! In other words, I love food. Raised on a farm, we learned to eat anything and everything. I still can't get used to my nieces who won't even try things. (However, I must be honest, HEADCHEESE never looked like anything I wanted to try. . . .what kind of name is that anyway; it certainy don't look like cheese and exactly what animals' head are those pieces of things suspended in there ? ? ? I guess if I had to choose I like good old American, family style, food like pot roast and chicken-fried steak and mashed potatoes and HEY is it lunch time yet? I better go for now, my niece said one of the things I am doing wrong when I respond on the site is talking too much and going on too long, so I apologize and I leave you with this question What do you feel is the key to eleminating racism and semeticism (spelling) in our life-time? Threeleggedkat=================== ====================

swalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are great!! I have personally never even seen Head Cheese, nor heard of it. I would be to scared to try it!! Although with age I have noticed my tatesbuds expanding to new horizons. I like a lot more food now than when I was a kid. Oh and ramble on as much as you would like. I figure if you have a lot to say than just get it all out. anyway It's fun reading.

In answer to your very tough question, "What do you feel is the key to eleminating racism and semeticism (spelling) in our life-time?"
I believe a beginning step to stop racism and such is to start with the young children. Teach them to love everyone, to not bully or make fun of. Give them self respect. If the adults of this generation can teach the new generation the difference between right and wrong, we could possible get a strong hold on all of the hate in the world.

Q.) What is your favorite season?.. assuming all of you have the four different seasons!! I don't really know though, do you?

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in New England where we have all the changing seasons, and I have to say that my very favorite is spring. It signals in new life, rebirth.....and puts that dirty snow and road slush behind us.

My question is:who was your very favorite cat and why

swalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to post one more time here, cause I thought of a good question.

I love all of the kitties that I have ever had the privledge of knowing. But Lily, is my one and only right now and I absolutely adore her!!

Q.) Does anyone watch the Reality show Survivor?

frogsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I totally loved the first one, and am now addicted to the second one too.

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite cat is Milo, Rene's prize winning cat. He is the most layed back, mellow cat have ever met. And he always looks like he's smiling.

No, I have never watched Survivor. Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry. I think it's stupid.

Q. What is your favorite cartoon character (Mine "Get Fuzzy")

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: Ruh Ro ....that has got to be Scooby Doo!!! Last B day hubby got me the talking one

Q: Would you ever have plastic surgery?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: Nope....I would never get plastic surgery.

Q: What do you like on your hamburgers?

frogsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mustard, ketchup, cheese, and pickles. Onions are okay in SMALL quantities.

Q: Do you sing in the shower?

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
NO, WITH MY LUCK I`D PROBABLY DROWN!

I AM FROM CONNECTICUT...WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiggeytoes,

I'm from Wethersfield, CT, where are you from?

frogsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
East Lansing, Michigan.

Q: What kind of car do you drive?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: I am the very proud owner of a Saturn that I did a bunch of add on's too.
(theres 3 Ct's now..I am from Groton)

Q: What is your favorite saying?

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i AM FROM uNCASVILLE,CT

MY FAVORITE SAYING IS 'NO OUTFIT IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A FEW CAT HAIRS"

QUESTION.....WHAT SIGN WERE YOU BORN UNDER?

Status
Not open for further replies.