Gee,,,,,thank You!!!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To any of you find small animal carcass' that have been placed at your back door by your feral colony? I think they're "paying it forward" and sharing their "kill" or a "scavenged bounty" from their night hunts. Just asking for a friend,,,LOL!

Doug

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of mine brings home slowworms, alive, brings them into the house and drops them in the hall, top of the stairs, where ever takes her fancy. Last year she brought the daddy home, about 15 inches long. Lovely.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had one of TNR'd ferals we care for come across the yard, right toward us. And right as my hubby says "Does Sookie have that blue stuffed bird cat toy in her mouth? I thought that was inside?"...we realize she is proudly bringing us a bluebird. A young one. A young LIVE one.

I did what every good adult cat caretaker does - cover my eyes and scream like a little girl! :runaround::fear::runaround:

Luckily hubby is less squeamish and panicky - because Sookie only had the bird by a few feathers, so when he got her to drop it, after a few seconds of the bird being stunned at his sudden reprieve from a certain death - - - - - off he went!!!!!!

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shortly before I brought her inside to live, a semi-feral cat I had been taking care of for about three years brought to my back patio four teeny newly-born baby bunnies, one at a time over the period of a few hours. They were barely alive and died almost immediately as I watched in sadness and horror. I ran all over my yard and nearby yards and couldn't find the nest.

I had planned to bring this kitty inside, along with a stray cat who had become her friend, but this bunny episode clinched it. I know that this is what cats do, but seeing those helpless little bunnies was just heartbreaking. When I see bunnies in my yard now, I tell them that there are two fewer cats they need to worry about!

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Several years ago while living on the farm, we had several "barn cats". I had a path pretty much tromped out between the house and the barns about 100 yards away. Many times over the years those cats would leave "presents" on that path. Several times those presents would be a small Copperhead or Rattlesnake. One of those "presents" would ALWAYS make me jump and shout!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I used to find skinned rats on the keyboard of my computer. My guess is that my indoor only cats who were allowed attached garage access at night found them there and realized that it would be easier for me to eat them without the fur.

My Australian shepherd...years ago...used to go out in the back yard and find possums who were playing dead and bring them into the house. He always had the sweetest look in his eyes, as if he had just found the best toy.

lunaleopard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was younger,my cats were indoor/outdoor cats. I would often get a "present" in the morning when they came inside in the morning. One time I got a bat!