Game - Answer the last question and ask the next

Status
Not open for further replies.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel food with 7 minute frosting! Make it every year for my daughters birthday.

What is a food that you never get tired of and could eat every day?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Chickenandrice - one word
   It reminds me of my mother.

When was the last time you had to clean up after your cat?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This morning. Someone spat a big mouthful of chewed up grass onto the floor. I have to clean up after them every day, it doesn't even bother me any more.

When was the last time you broke something? (A cup or a plate, rather than a bone)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

This morning. Someone spat a big mouthful of chewed up grass onto the floor. I have to clean up after them every day, it doesn't even bother me any more.

When was the last time you broke something? (A cup or a plate, rather than a bone)
I hear you. I changed the bed sheets yesterday. Went to bed last night....and there was a nice pile of somebody's lunch they had puked up. Right on the bed. So at 9:00 last night, I'm washing the comforter from the bed. I was not amused. Amber seems to be going through a case of "bad tummy" and she's puking everything up. I'm be glad when her tummy calms back down. Until then, while the cats eat lunch or anything, I go around and shut all the bedroom doors, so they can't get on to the bed or anything else.

The last thing I broke was a coffee mug last fall. I tried to pick it up, didn't grasp it properly, dropped it on the granite countertop and it broke. I was upset because it was one of my mother's mugs. It wasn't real expensive or anything like that, but it was still frustrating.

What is something that you need to get done today and cannot be put off for another day?

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to talk to the woman who runs the Food Pantry. Have a call into her right now.

How many boyfriends or girlfriends have you had in your life?

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends what you call "boy friends".  During the II World War years I was a young girl. I knew sailors in the American, British, Norwegian and Swedish merchants ships which came to be provisioned in these shores. I exchanged letters with all of them and received them in my parents home while their ships stayed in the harbour. My brothers referred to them as "my boy friends". Sadly some of them never returned. The merchants ships were also attacked and sunk.  I couldn't say how many there were.  Mine was not the only home where these boys were received during those sad years.

Have you encountered many foreigners  throughout your life?

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thousands, having lived in London & New York City. Husband is also a foreigner.

Would you date or marry someone whose native language is not your own?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I once dated a man who was Muslim and I am Catholic. Was not a problem.

Would you convert to the person's religion to whom you were going to marry?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I am not a very religius person

Do you believe baptism should take place in babyhood or after the age of reason has been attained.?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a person can be baptized again as an adult so I would say yes to both.

Is it necessary to marry in a church?

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not necessary to marry here at all. People who live together get the same benefits as married people. I'm not married to my partner of 29 years.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not legal in this state. But I think some doctors will find a way to make sure their patients manage to collect enough medication to do it themselves in certain situations. And a lot of farmers have "hunting accidents" when they get old or terminally ill.

Is "right turn on red" (or left, if that's the side you drive on) legal in your area?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think so. I don't drive, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to wait for a green light.

(Or blue, as Japanese people call their green traffic lights.)

Are cyclists supposed to be on the road with the traffic or on the pavement with the pedestrians in your town?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
On the road

Have you ever hit someone while driving a car? meaning someone walking

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. I lived in Columbus, Ohio for 6 years and worked downtown. They were very strict about that and if someone jaywalked they would get a ticket.

There were many policeman on horseback who would write tickets for that infraction. I only did it once and did not get caught but learned to obey.

Have you ever got a speeding ticket?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes but I didn't deserve it. I lived at the time in Arlington, Virginia and worked in Washingto DC.  The highway I took every morning had several lanes and one of them changed direction at a given hour. I was caught in the changing lane without realizing the change had taken place but was able to change lanes without causing any problem but an agent on a motorbike travelling on the opposite direction saw me and when he came after me I had decided to leave the road for good. I saw him pass at full speed looking for me without realizing that I had left the road. Unfortunately for me he had got the number of my plate and I was summoned to appear in Court.  In my defense I said to the Judge "I don't know what the agent is talking about, if I was speeding why didn't he stop me then?  The Judge turned then to the agent and asked him: "yes, why didn't you stop the lady when she committed the offense? My problem was when the agent replied "Your Honour I couldn't catch up with her"  This provoked the laughter of other "culprits" in the room waiting to be judged. Their laughter was very contagious and I couldn't stop laughing mysef. The result was I was condemned for speeding as well as  for Contempt of Court.

Have you had a tyre punctured when driving in the middle of an important highway?

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes but I didn't deserve it. I lived at the time in Arlington, Virginia and worked in Washingto DC.  The highway I took every morning had several lanes and one of them changed direction at a given hour. I was caught in the changing lane without realizing the change had taken place but was able to change lanes without causing any problem but an agent on a motorbike travelling on the opposite direction saw me and when he came after me I had decided to leave the road for good. I saw him pass at full speed looking for me without realizing that I had left the road. Unfortunately for me he had got the number of my plate and I was summoned to appear in Court.  In my defense I said to the Judge "I don't know what the agent is talking about, if I was speeding why didn't he stop me then?  The Judge turned then to the agent and asked him: "yes, why didn't you stop the lady when she committed the offense? My problem was when the agent replied "Your Honour I couldn't catch up with her"  This provoked the laughter of other "culprits" in the room waiting to be judged. Their laughter was very contagious and I couldn't stop laughing mysef. The result was I was condemned for speeding as well as  for Contempt of Court.

Have you had a tyre punctured when driving in the middle of an important highway?
​Not punctured, but disintegrated. Old tire, old car, long time ago.

Ever defeat a speeding ticket in court? I have. California has laws that place a very heavy burden on police using radar. Someone who knows their rights can usually win. More often than not, the cop knows this and fails to show. (Public service announcement, sort of.)

Status
Not open for further replies.