Furr-Patch Lost!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SoundAttack

guys i dont want to sound cheap... is there a medicine i can get for ringworms... i mean i barely hold a hundred bucks on me now and the vet might cost more than what i might expect especially with the check up and the treatment all together... i dont need harsh words... im emotional over my cat at the moment... so if anyone can recommend a medicine i can get her tomorrow... please do... forget bout my other post... im positive its ringworm... ive read bout it and i know what im talkin about...thanks
Why are you planning to over-the-counter treat if you have no solid idea of what she has in the first place? Especially since giving her some random medicine has a good chance of not only harming her, but her unborn kittens as well.

Please get your cat to a vet when you have enough money to do so. A vet stands a far better chance of correctly diagnosing the problem than a group of random people on the internet, and can most likely give you a medicine to use which won't harm the kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i will do so... dont worry my appointment is not till saturday... so have u seen anythin like this before?

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
allis no it dont to be honest

anyhow... i took the rascal to the vet today... it turned out to be fleas... gave me creams for it said ti should heal anytime around 1 to 2 months

anyways the GOOD GREATEST BESTEST NEWS is... MY CAT IS DEFINITLY PREGGO... 35 days so far

i had a question to ask... whch i forgot to ask the veteranian... next time i should list questions to ask him before goin over there... anyhow... do female cats die once they give birth? if not is it possible?

second question... does she deliver by herself? or is it better i take her to the vet?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"do female cats die once they give birth? if not is it possible?"
Why on Earth are you happy that your cat is pregnant if you think she dies after giving birth? You are aware that most people on this board consider their cats to be family members? Yes, it is possible that they die in birth just like humans, but no its not standard. Please get your cat spayed, if not now then as soon as the kittens are weaned.

I'm glad that your cat will be okay with the fleas. Please remember this next time you think you know what your cat has and want to treat it yourself.

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
man you get offended quick... dont u think i consider my cat to be a part of the family too? i was askin a question cause i was worried... you cant ask a question without havin a comment in a negative way... im happy shes gonna be havin kittens... buti was worried it might affect her... i dont know much about animals its whyiasked... and for the record... i know how it would feel to people cause i have a cat too

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you read through some of the threads in the "Pregnant Cats and Kittens" forum I'm sure that you will find tons of info, or you could start a thread there.
I did not mean to offend you, but think for a moment about how your post sounds. You say that the greatest news ever is that your cat is pregnant and then ask if cats die once they give birth.
Also, this boards policy clearly asks you not to use foul language.

soundattack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the foul language didnt mean to mean it like that... anyways... thanks

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SoundAttack

man you get offended quick... dont u think i consider my cat to be a part of the family too? i was askin a question cause i was worried... you cant ask a question without havin a comment in a negative way... im happy shes gonna be havin kittens... buti was worried it might affect her... i dont know much about animals its whyiasked... and for the record... i know how it would feel to people cause i have a cat too
SoundAttack - I've edited your post as you'll see and would ask that we all remember to be considerate and polite.

The folks at this site are cat lovers and care deeply for their animals - we are also pro spay/neuter and unless you are a certified breeder we discourage you from allowing pets to breed. There are so many animals out there that need homes already.

Since you have already allowed your pet to get pregnant, please learn everything you can about caring for her and delivery. Go to the pregnant cats forum and do some reading. Also, you will find that she can get pregnant again shortly after giving birth so you will need to keep your male and female separated. After neutering your male he will still be fertile for about a month during which time you will need to keep them separated also.

Also please ensure you have GOOD homes for the coming kittens.