Funny story

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone...

Just wanted to share a funny story. I work with people who need help finding jobs and it's well known that I love cats.. Yesterday, I asked a coworker to have his client meet with me after their appointment. After 30 minutes, I found out she forgot to see me and already left. After a while, she walked in apologizing and explained. I about died laughing after hearing her story.

She stated that she forgot and after a while driving, she saw a cat walking nearby and realized she was supposed to meet with me so she turned back!

I think it's so funny that seeing a cat reminded her!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's cute!

When I was doing zoning, I was known as the Cat Lady. People didn't know my name, but they would call the office to speak with me and say, "I need to speak to the Zoning Officer. I don't know her name, but she drives a red PT Cruiser and she loves cats!" 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get called meow in the supermarket and a department store. And somebody calls me wild cat! That's the man who packs for me at the supermarket. Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing your stories too! Lol it's nice to know I'm not the only one well known at work for being a cat lover.

Another thing I experience and I don't know if any of you do too is being teased about cats?

Here's an example... About a month ago, a co worker of mine sent out a mass email to the whole department that I work for (state gov) and it was about me and cats! I about died!!:lol3:

That email showed 2pics and said " Pamela was followed recently to see what she is doing on work time, spied in on one of her meetings..... she met a group at a building with big windows...."

(That pic showed a room full of ppl watching something on a screen . The pic was taken from outside looking into the room through a window. .)

"If you look in closer, you can see what they are "meeting" about!! BUSTED!!"

Next pic was a close up of what ppl was watching.. It had a pic of a cat and a title of "how to bathe a cat."

Many people loved that email. Argggghhh so here's what I came up with as a reply.

"Hmmm.. How interesting..

From a scientific point of view- I looked at the pictures closely and don’t see myself anywhere in the pictures. This shows that I was NOT at that meeting! ;)

Logically-I would not bathe cats since they know how to bathe themselves! Lol.. They are very finicky about being clean… Another reason to add to the looonnnngggg list of why cats are better than dogs..

I would also like to point out that Mitch keeps emailing everyone about cats.. Not me! Think back and remember all the emails he has sent out… Mitch is apparently jealous of me having cats since he really wants a cat for himself but can’t.. He is obviously obsessed with cats…

Sorry Mitch! Mwahahaha!"

Another example of being teased- During our Christmas retreat, we were in teams of 3 and we went out to do community service you visiting elderly people then did scavenger hunt and took pics of things required. While dvisitinf an elderly woman at her home, she had a cat and dog. Of course I petted the cat. I also petted the dog then picked it up to hold and my team was like "ohh we gotta take a pic!" Without me knowing, they sent that pic back to the headquarters. When we got together to have lunch and watch a slideshow of what all teams took pics of. Well.... GUESS what pic they started with?!. A pic of me with a dog! Lol.

Am I the only one being teased about cats?? Lol. Would love to hear more of your stories!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't call it teasing; but I get tagged in cat videos and pictures on Facebook.  Often with comments like "I thought of you when I saw this!" or "I figured you would like this one!"  I always tell people; if you don't know that I love cats; you don't know me AT ALL! 

I caught myself almost complimenting an older woman's cat sweater today. 
  It wasn't like "ugly sweater party" material; just a knit cardigan style top with a gray cat on one shoulder (like where you'd put a pin) edged in a little silver.  I wouldn't wear it; but I sure was about to compliment it!  That's a new one; even for me!