Funny Quote

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, @white shadow; I hadn't run into that thread before, and I just took your suggestion. :lol:

The bumper sticker was given to me as a thank you from a friend who also has a cat, and knows that I'm an atheist. I got some flexible magnetic backing, so all my bumper stickers are removable and don't have any kind of negative effect on the car's resale value (not to mention that it means that if I ever do sell the car I get to keep my bumper stickers).

Yes, I have permission from Brian Crane, who draws the Pickles strip, to post this here.

Margret
As an atheist I would love to put that on my car. My nephew is a preacher and I don't think he would approve. I love that cartoon.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an atheist I would love to put that on my car.
Are you one of the innumerable fans of Sir Terry Pratchett on this site? There's something worth remembering about the Disc; on Discworld atheism is a form of insanity. The reason for this is that on the Disc, the gods are likely to show up, in person, at any time. It's hard to disbelieve the existence of someone you've actually met.

Well, I've actually met my cat, and I believe that most theists haven't met their god(s) face to face. So when people object to my bumper sticker I just tell them that they're welcome to discuss it with Jasmine, who has very clear views on the matter.

My nephew is a preacher and I don't think he would approve.
The question becomes, how much do you care about gaining his approval?

Margret

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret ,

"Meddle not in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Source unknown
"
I think this deserves some recognition because every time I leave the system keyboard in full view, this quote runs through my mind and I conceal it.:flail:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret ,

"Meddle not in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Source unknown
"
I think this deserves some recognition because every time I leave the system keyboard in full view, this quote runs through my mind and I conceal it.:flail:
Quote from one of my favorite buttons, except I got it wrong. It's supposed to read "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." A parody of a proverb in Lord of the Rings: "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

My current favorite button (which isn't about cats) reads: "My patronus is a tribble with a sonic screwdriver piloting an X-wing into Mordor."

Margret