Funny Black Cat Stories

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised they let you adopt him! A lot of shelter won't adopt out black cats in the weeks leading up to Halloween as some people will get them as a prop then abandon them.
I'm too old to use a cat as a prop. They didn't seem to mind - they tried to talk a young couple into adopting him first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we went to the shelter last year, a little black and white kitten jumped in my lap and settled down to purr. After some cuddling and playing, we decided to adopt him. We had to leave to get a note from our landlord and he tried to follow us out the door and gave us this look that clearly said"where are you going? I picked you as my humans! ". I wish we had had more than 3 months with him.
I'm sorry you only had three months to spend with him.

Sugar Plum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My first personal cat was Panther. He was a rescue from a barn where ignorant parents were kicking him, claiming he made their kids more likely to fall. He was all black with yellow eyes and really short fur - just stunning!

I knew him as a kitten and adolescent. He came home at a year old. He was our family's first male cat. My parents were concerned about spraying, but he never did, even as he waited for his shots to get neutered. He became my father's 'one and only', and he put in a rose garden with a fieldstone wall around his grave when he died, just shy of 16.

To this day when people appeal to me to not open umbrellas indoors, etc., I say, I once had a black cat named Panther; he slept at the foot of my bed... Their faces. LOL. Black cats are the best. :D