Funniest and favorite cat/kitten behaviors

toulousekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are your cats (and/or kittens) funniest, most interesting, daring, or confusing behaviors?

My 12 week old kitten likes to suck on a blanket while he makes muffins. Sometimes he lifts his head and doesn't realize his tongue is still making a sucking motion outside his mouth. He does all of this quite seriously!

He also drinks plain water out of a mug as though it is special because it used to belong to a human :lol3:

What unique and funny things do your cats do?

petercotton

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten has picked up the habit of running and scratching her scratching post whenever my girlfriend or I return home.  Doesn't matter if we have been gone 5 hours or 30 minutes.  As soon as the front door opens she is headed to the scratching post.

Also, as I clean her litter box she lies on the shelf above it and studies the process intently.  You would think it is the most intriguing thing in the world.

imaginewizard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Also, as I clean her litter box she lies on the shelf above it and studies the process intently.  You would think it is the most intriguing thing in the world.
My cat (though he's stopped recently) used to watch me from the stairs - I think he wanted to make sure I was doing it right. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toulousekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine watches as I change the litter box as well! He likes to stand inside when it's empty and then once the new litter is in he goes in right away to scratch and smell all the clean litter then he may or may not use the litter box for its regular purposes.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My very favorite 2 things are when kittens try to look bigger and puff up their fur and do the sideways hop, I call the spider hop :)

I also love it the first time they see themselves in a mirror sitting on the floor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toulousekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine is a black cat and he loves to hide in under the bed or under a shadow and thinks he's so sneaky! It's also pretty funny to see my newborn kitten hiss for the first time

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MY absolute favourite is the night time routine.

1. Turn of lights downstairs

2. Say "bedtime guys" and then laugh as Mia and Loki race up the stairs to bed

3. Get into bed

4. Watch kittens run around the bedroom like maniacs for 5 minutes whilst we read

5. Say "sleep time guys"

Loki then crawls up the bed to sleep with his head against my wife's face. Mia crawls under the duvet to sleep with her head on my shoulder. It's adorable.

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Currently my two main coons have decided gain access to the top of an armoire by jumping from an arm chair located on the other side of the room.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my long-departed cats used to wool suck as a kitten too.  It's very sweet.  However, it can also become worrisome if they continue to do it for too long as the wool fibres build up in their stomach, which can cause nasty obstructions.  

I have a very large & fluffy 11 month old kitten who LOVES to wash me.  He washes me far more than he washes himself.  He also takes my grooming very seriously, nibbling away for ages and getting to all the hard to reach spots between my fingers.  I hope he lavishes his licks on me as a sign of love and not just him thinking I need a good clean 

mommasboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorite thing is when I go to pet Mr. Huxley when he is asleep in his bed on top of my dresser. He gets out of his bed, comes to me, stands on his hind legs and puts his front paws on my chest. Code for: pick me up momma! [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]

Last edited:

alicia8195

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my favorite things is when my oldest cat, Daphnie, wants to jump up on my bed at night. She sits on the floor and seems to rev herself up for about five minutes preparing herself for the massive 3 foot high ascent to the summit, and after the effort she proceeds to walk away only to come back and finally take the leap of faith to reach my bed. The whole routine lasts about 10 minutes. Once she is finally on my bed she kneads for about 3 minutes, lays down for about 2 minutes and then gets down to go eat and sleep on the couch in the living room for the rest of the night. This routine is like clockwork and has been going on for about 12 years. The only time I've seen her actually sleep on my bed is when I'm not laying in it! LOL CATS :flail:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chasing his tail in the tub :) My adult cat still goes in tub and runs the occasional circle .... he stopped chasing his tail though

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is it with cats and litter trays.My one year old loves to watch me clean the tray and as soon as I put it back on the floor , runs into it and used it

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is it with cats and litter trays.My one year old loves to watch me clean the tray and as soon as I put it back on the floor , runs into it and used it

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whenever our Lili comes to greet us when we get back home, she starts rubbing against any item that she sees - shoes, the table, the chairs, the wall, anything. One time she started rubbing against her water bowl (which is a glass cause she loves drinking from glasses) so hard that she knocked it over. But she would not rub against us untill we pet her first.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My Willow has a very odd litterbox habit. I have always had two litterboxes per cat, so when I adopted her I set out two new identical litterboxes side by side but noticed right away that she was only using one. I tried not cleaning the box she was using for as long as two weeks to see if it drove her to the unused box, transferring her waste to the second box, changing the position of the two boxes with no success. Faced with two identical clean boxes she will choose one and only that one to use. It is not always the same box, if they are both filled with fresh litter she may pick the box she hasn't been using. So after two years of trying to convince her to use two boxes, I gave up. She is quite happy with her one box and not at all picky about the frequency with which it is cleaned.