Fudgepop is now at the Rainbow Bridge

fudgepop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I helped Fudgepop cross the Rainbow Bridge today. The vet said that it was probably bone cancer in his mouth. When she shaved his paw to put the catheter in, she said he was jaundiced. After he passed, my daughter in-law, took him from me and later while cleaning him up, gently opened up his mouth. She said that his tongue was affected also. So, it was very good to hear that my decision was made at the right time! Thank you all so very much for sharing your kindness with me. I look forward to giving back some.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooohhhh......how sad, I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Of course it sounds like the time was right, we never want to think of them suffering in silence.

Just VERY sad, so sorry for your loss :(

He's free from pain and will go on with a young and healthy body, chasing bugs and butterflies :)

Hugs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fudgepop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! His two sisters and my golden are starting to look like they are missing someone in their group.

kittykatgurl777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So deeply sorry for your loss. Fudgepop is pain free now running in the sun chasing butterflies. I am glad you feel at peace with the time you chose for his passing. It's not always easy to get it right. He looks and sounds like a great cat. May his sweet kitty soul rest in peace. Hugs to you.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whew. Such a rough thing to do...I'm so sorry but admire you for being strong enough to help him cross. We did it 4 months ago with Minnie, and Mikki who is her littermate and sister... totally grieved and her personality has changed....she's more clingy... she still howls in the night...but will go sometimes without doing it... just takes time I guess. I'm so sorry for your loss.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How sad, I am so sorry.  You sound like your are handling it well & I am happy you have you other fur babies to help you through.  They will grieve his loss as well.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, you ended your sweet baby's pain and took it on as your own. You displayed the greatest last act of love known and will be surely blessed for your actions. I know how much it hurts to lose those that we love, and can only offer my prayers as a comfort to you. As a tribute to my dear Chrissy I always try to comfort those at this site, I remember all too well those first dark days and how lost and alone I felt. We are all one big family, a cat lover family if you will,and need to support and help those in need. It DOES help to share your pain with others, it lets a little of it escape to the outside before it builds to unbearable levels. May you remember your sweet Fudgepop with happiness in the years to come, and may he comfort you from afar in your memories and dreams.Please take care of yourself.... RIP beautiful Fudgepop! 

fudgepop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ALL of you are so wonderful, having shared this pain of losing a wonderful friend. I have had to put down two goldens, and Fudgepop grew up with them, outlining them. So they will all be reunited. I lost a son six years ago and I know that the two of them will be delighted to see each other. Di and Bob, I LOVE what you said about comforting others as a tribute to your dear Chrissy. What a beautiful way to honor her memory! M&N and Riley1, I came home tonight and Peyton had chewed up something of mine that he shouldn't have. So, I did the squash and peroxide treatment and nothing came up resembling the object he chewed up. I am sure it must have passed through him, so now I will wait for colorful poop, I guess he's upset with me!

fudgepop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful post Gareth did. .thank you for sharing that link with men