From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep and I also got to the point that if Shaman leaves her food bowl to come looking for me then she can't be too hungry. Otherwise she'd eat her food before one of the others ate it. Not sure if that assessment is correct but I think the situation with feral cats is different then indoor cats. Feral cats can at least separate by several houses away til it is sorted out unlike indoor cats who are pretty much stuck with one another unless separated in rooms til it's sorted out.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats and I are listening to Dean Martin. I have a bluetooth speaker and megaphone app on my phone so we can both listen. They're all chillin and I just love Dean Martin.

Would you say the cats are spoiled? I like to get them used to all types of sounds this way for when the time comes I am able to bring them inside. Shaman has always been intrigued with my bluetooth speaker and loves to listen to anything coming out of it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That woman lied. The Pit Bulls were out again, running through the yard playing. Shaman and Shadow took off, Cooper just laid there oblivious to it all. So true to my word I called the police and they said that unless the dogs were attacking someone they can't do anything. St Louis really has some stupid laws. I hate calling animal control because the dogs could be put down. It's not the dogs fault their pit bulls.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crying over the animal control situatipn. They're taking the cats with the dogs. No one in my city helps me :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: Earlier the police department says they called AC. But I just did get a phone call from the police officer dispatched to the area and he saw no dogs (they ran fast) and so he did not call and the the police department probably assumed he would call. So the cats are safe for a day or two. However the police officer is going to make a stop and talk with who he believes owns the 2 dogs and give a warning of a $2K fine if the dogs are not kept in their yard.
What a hassle this was. They should not be saying they called when they weren't even sure if they did or not. Time to save up for those collars and tags for the cats though. Feral Society is looking into inexpensive or donated money to have them microchipped as well.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats and I are listening to Dean Martin. I have a bluetooth speaker and megaphone app on my phone so we can both listen. They're all chillin and I just love Dean Martin.

Would you say the cats are spoiled? I like to get them used to all types of sounds this way for when the time comes I am able to bring them inside. Shaman has always been intrigued with my bluetooth speaker and loves to listen to anything coming out of it.
I'm crying over the animal control situatipn. They're taking the cats with the dogs. No one in my city helps me :(
:alright:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Still one cat unaccounted for. Since I know that the police officer did not make a call on the dogs the cats are safe from AC. I just hope the dogs didn't hurt Shadow. She hasn't ate in over 24 hours so I'm a bit concerned. She was here waiting for breakfast when the dogs disrupted everything :(

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People make dogs MEAN..I totally AGREE..
Eh. . .I have a dog (half coonhound) who will attack cats outdoors if given the chance, and I sure didn't train her to be "mean". Dogs have instincts, just like most cats will kill a pet hamster. But it's the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs properly contained.

But I do agree that if these dogs meant to harm the cats, they would be more focused on chasing them instead of gallivanting all over the neighborhood. The owners should still keep them contained though.

Yes, if you can get them microchipped, that would be great! Then if they ever ended up at a shelter they'd be returned to you. But if they'll wear collars they should have that on too, because most people don't have a microchip scanner :).

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The local feral society is wanting photos of the cats showing the ear tips as they want to check their records on street names, area and general photo of the cats as they are trying to see what they can do to microchip them. Sadly with one missing I don't know what to do. :(

Shadow is still missing. I hope the dogs did't get her. I'm so sad over this situation. She's pretty thin and frail from being run off back in May and all that happened to her :(

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
The local feral society is wanting photos of the cats showing the ear tips as they want to check their records on street names, area and general photo of the cats as they are trying to see what they can do to microchip them. Sadly with one missing I don't know what to do. :(

Shadow is still missing. I hope the dogs did't get her. I'm so sad over this situation. She's pretty thin and frail from being run off back in May and all that happened to her :(
:alright::petcat::(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Why are you confused. I have 3 cats. Shaman, Cooper and Shadow. The dogs came. Cooper stayed. Shaman and Shadow ran off. Shaman returned but Shadow has not returned. It's been almost 30 hours now since Shadow ate as Cooper runs her off and therefore she was not able to eat yesterday as well as today. She was also run off for several months back in May by Shaman and Treasure. She's the one that was spotted in filthy conditions, taken to a no kill shelter but then returned (I guess the person's friends "adopted" her) and now she's back. But very thin and not as frisky or healthy as she was before Treasure ran her off. I'm sorry I thought I mentioned all of this in this thread and the other thread A lot of still newbie questions.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Why are you confused. I have 3 cats. Shaman, Cooper and Shadow. The dogs came. Cooper stayed. Shaman and Shadow ran off. Shaman returned but Shadow has not returned. It's been almost 30 hours now since Shadow ate as Cooper runs her off and therefore she was not able to eat yesterday as well as today. She was also run off for several months back in May by Shaman and Treasure. She's the one that was spotted in filthy conditions, taken to a no kill shelter but then returned (I guess the person's friends "adopted" her) and now she's back. But very thin and not as frisky or healthy as she was before Treasure ran her off. I'm sorry I thought I mentioned all of this in this thread and the other thread A lot of still newbie questions.
Not confused

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the emoticon shows as confused. Since I wasn't quite sure what they all meant I hovered over and the last one is for confused. Ah you caught it. Ok.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm beside myself with grief over this. In Shadow's condition she won't last long without food :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now Cooper is missing 7 hours and Shadow 9 hours. I guess I only have one cat left ever. :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Goodness!

I'm !!really!! Keeping my fingers crossed that now that the dogs are gone --I hope, that they'll be back in due course, --the cats, I mean...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
First all cats are now accounted for. All snuck in last night to sleep.

Last night however my neighbor's brother and I found another young pit bull wandering the streets. You can't see much from this photo but her ribs were sticking out and she had sores on the back of her body from being beat. The brother got some food to feed her, and took her with him and will be taking to the shelter today. Although the pit bull has a collar there is no tag. I"m not overly fond of pit bulls but I don't like to see any animal, (or creepy crawlie at that) just be abused. Hope this girl finds a good home.

And breakfast playtime again with the cats. So the food came back inside. Hopefully they'll learn before they die of starvation but it doesn't seem to look like they will. I wish Cooper would just go all the way back into the tent so that I can feed him in there. This is really getting old fast :(

1575552651180.png

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
First all cats are now accounted for. All snuck in last night to sleep.

Last night however my neighbor's brother and I found another young pit bull wandering the streets. You can't see much from this photo but her ribs were sticking out and she had sores on the back of her body from being beat. The brother got some food to feed her, and took her with him and will be taking to the shelter today. Although the pit bull has a collar there is no tag. I"m not overly fond of pit bulls but I don't like to see any animal, (or creepy crawlie at that) just be abused. Hope this girl finds a good home.

And breakfast playtime again with the cats. So the food came back inside. Hopefully they'll learn before they die of starvation but it doesn't seem to look like they will. I wish Cooper would just go all the way back into the tent so that I can feed him in there. This is really getting old fast :(

View attachment 310694
Glad all the cats are back n safe n sound...And hope the doggie gets a good home...

Status
Not open for further replies.