From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I am infuriated. The so called ASPCA here in St Louis is worthless. They never should have just turned Shadow back on the streets, especially here after the condition I found her in 2 months ago. This is why I don't trust these people here in St Louis. So now I have Ambrose, Cooper and Shadow to work with while Shaman, Treasure and Sopdet are at the Vets. So much for trying to catch up on money so I can feed the cats. I think Cooper belongs to some irresponsible person who doesn't want to feed him as he's overly friendly and always has been.

And seriously, they couldn't even spay her? They just get her and dump her back here? I guess so I take care of it. I don't have the funds to take care of spaying her nor do I have the funds to give her the medical attention she needs. I"m on phone with them now but getting a run around.

Lack of spaying was what led to her disappearance in May and the death of several kittens and Treasure being foster Dad for a day. Now I have to repeat this cycle again?How irresponsible. I thought they were better than that. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting down to 38 degrees tonight. My heart is breaking in two over this. I should have been more prepared with winter shelters. At the moment only thing I could do was wrap some old blankets around their cat tree. I hope they will be ok outside. What a tragedy :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching on cam and saw Shadow liked the cat tree with the blankets (she always did like the tree). And looks like a raccoon found his way here. I think this is the time last years babies are kicked out of the den and have to look for their own den so he may not have been a missed raccoon from the other group. I hate getting rid of them if they aren't bothering the cats as they are good at getting rid of the bugs (especially the cockroaches). Anyway I saw Shadow reach out to swat the raccoon and then she took off just before the raccoon poked turned around on all fours with that curious look they always have. This same raccoon came up to me the other night while I was outside (in the rain) waiting for our internet guy so he wouldn't wake up my Mom as she had a bad week sleeping (she's suffered insomnia since her 20s and it gets worse as she gets older) and the raccoon came right up and sat next to me. What the heck? He didn't seem threatening like when I was surrounded by the 6 from that other group although of course I didn't try to pet him haha but after a few seconds he realized I was not a raccoon and bolted off the other direction.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So people just let their indoor cats outside in low 30s and frost on the ground? My feral cats are used to this and know where to go but this one doesn't I'm sure. This is not the first time this one has shown up in the yard and I know this one has a human because of the collar. Probably from the stupid neighbors that chained their dog up outside in freezing rain (that the police got after and seized the dog).

Unknown cat 2.jpg
Unknown cat 1.jpg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
So people just let their indoor cats outside in low 30s and frost on the ground? My feral cats are used to this and know where to go but this one doesn't I'm sure. This is not the first time this one has shown up in the yard and I know this one has a human because of the collar. Probably from the stupid neighbors that chained their dog up outside in freezing rain (that the police got after and seized the dog).

View attachment 303195View attachment 303196
Oh my...:nono::frown:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went door to door and posted on the Next Door app and no one is claiming the cat. So I have no idea where this cat is coming from.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking in two. Ambrose just accidentally tripped me and I heard a very loud pop in my big toe. Can't get to urgent care til Monday but it's going to be a rough go hobbling outside to feed them and get their cat food tonight.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think the cold bothers them that much, especially if they find somewhere to keep warm. Zoe doesn't let the cold stop her. I remember last winter it got extremely cold, and she still wanted to be out "gallivanting" It made me so nervous, I kept checking on her seeing if she was ready to come in, but nope, she wasn't ready. She knew when it was time to come in and felt too cold. Plus they have their winter coats growing in. Would I prefer her keep her little butt in when its so cold? Yes, but she has other ideas. Lily doesn't even mind the cold that much, she doesn't stay out as long as Zoe does though, and Lily has a much thicker coat than Zoe.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well because of my injury just now I won't be able to care for them like i want And if I dare tell my Mom the reason that would just fuel her to get rid of them so I have that "lie" to deal with as well. I'm so sad :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a badly stubbed toe. Still hurts like heck though

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow is at the vets now with Treasure, Shaman and Sopdet. The lone raccoon attacked her last night terribly. I found her this morning. This tragedy in my life gets worse every day :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to wait. Here they keep observation for 14 days.

Ugh the other day Ambrose got under foot and I badly stubbed/sprained my toe. Last night he got under foot again and I stepped on his paw. He hissed and clawed me. He's still mad at me hissing and growling so I guess some cats do not forgive.

Meanwhile because of the IOS 13 fiasco and needing phone to make money to feed these cats, things are at a stall again. At least my foot isn't broke or anything but still, wish there was a way to keep these cats from getting under my feet all the time (haha yea right).

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to wait. Here they keep observation for 14 days.

Ugh the other day Ambrose got under foot and I badly stubbed/sprained my toe. Last night he got under foot again and I stepped on his paw. He hissed and clawed me. He's still mad at me hissing and growling so I guess some cats do not forgive.

Meanwhile because of the IOS 13 fiasco and needing phone to make money to feed these cats, things are at a stall again. At least my foot isn't broke or anything but still, wish there was a way to keep these cats from getting under my feet all the time (haha yea right).
Hope ure toe gets better...and hope kitty paw ok..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I just said my toe is better. Ambrose however seems ok just very upset with me. Ok, since I no longer have a working iphone due to the iOS update I have to use my computer to earn the money to feed these cats.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just saw something that warmed my heart, and maybe there's a reason the other cats are being observed. Shadow found a friend. She was playing with Ambrose. This is the first time I saw any of the cats take a liking to her in the year they've been coming here so this makes me happy for her, although I"m still miffed she was just put back on the streets like she was.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow had no scratches or any other visible mark. They think she just swatted at the raccoon and that was it. The other 3 however did look like they were mangled.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just saw something that warmed my heart, and maybe there's a reason the other cats are being observed. Shadow found a friend. She was playing with Ambrose. This is the first time I saw any of the cats take a liking to her in the year they've been coming here so this makes me happy for her, although I"m still miffed she was just put back on the streets like she was.
I thought Shadow was hurt by raccoon night before last..n was in bad shape when u found her..n was at the vet about this time yesterday???So shes home n playing n ok???

Status
Not open for further replies.