From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the darkest day of my life. Dark and sad. :(
Im so sorry u n ure cats are going through so much..I wish I could help...Myheart goes out to u n ure KITTIES...And I mean the ones missing too..May God Bless u n ure mom..n all ure KITTIES...even the ones that are missing...:alright::heartshape::grouphug2::petcat::catlove::catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
He's never been gone this long before. Never. Not since I started feeding him and he's been domesticated. If Shaman and Sopdet both do not know where he is then something is very wrong as he's usually with one or the other. I just can't go through this heartbreak any more. I want someone else to come along that they get used to with me and that person takes over and I'll just live in my lalal land thinking they're fine. But healthwise for me it's impossible to go through the stress and worry any longer because of my situation.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
He's never been gone this long before. Never. Not since I started feeding him and he's been domesticated. If Shaman and Sopdet both do not know where he is then something is very wrong as he's usually with one or the other. I just can't go through this heartbreak any more. I want someone else to come along that they get used to with me and that person takes over and I'll just live in my lalal land thinking they're fine. But healthwise for me it's impossible to go through the stress and worry any longer because of my situation.
No offense but how old are u???And how old is ure mom

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Age really has nothing to do with it but I'll be 64 and my Mom is 96. Here she can not be forced to a doctor without her consent. Nor can I just take it upon myself to have a doctor come to the house. It has been her property since 1946 so basically pretty much what she says is law here. If this was taken to court she would have the law on her side. Sadly due to circumstances and poor decision 15 years ago I have no job and or means of making money except the little that I have made through early pension and the 18 hours a day on survey sites. Right now Mom has no living relatives. No living relatives on Dad's side of the family. It's just me and Mom . And Mom's age is a hindrance mentally as well as physically. Unlike normal people (as I keep saying) I can not go out and hold down a job (even a temporary one) because of Mom's health. She is deathly allergic to cats. If one came into the house it would affect her in a very bad way. All in all though right now Treasure is missing, possibly dead and sadly nothing at the moment I can do. If I had the money I would find a caretaker for Mom, take the cats and move. But I don't. And so I"m pretty much stuck with this situation. I've mentioned several times that even Alz. org has given up on my Mom because she's so difficult.

I just have that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach right now concerning Treasure. He's the most curious of all the cats, friendliest and the one that likes to antagonize wildlife. So either he ran into traffic, got picked up by a not so nice person or got attacked by the groundhog I just saw not so long ago for pestering it. I do know that normally Sopdet and Shaman do not like each other and for them to all of a sudden be together crying is a very bad sign. And Treasure was the first of the cats I tamed too I'm just heart sick over this tragedy.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Age really has nothing to do with it but I'll be 64 and my Mom is 96. Here she can not be forced to a doctor without her consent. Nor can I just take it upon myself to have a doctor come to the house. It has been her property since 1946 so basically pretty much what she says is law here. If this was taken to court she would have the law on her side. Sadly due to circumstances and poor decision 15 years ago I have no job and or means of making money except the little that I have made through early pension and the 18 hours a day on survey sites. Right now Mom has no living relatives. No living relatives on Dad's side of the family. It's just me and Mom . And Mom's age is a hindrance mentally as well as physically. Unlike normal people (as I keep saying) I can not go out and hold down a job (even a temporary one) because of Mom's health. She is deathly allergic to cats. If one came into the house it would affect her in a very bad way. All in all though right now Treasure is missing, possibly dead and sadly nothing at the moment I can do. If I had the money I would find a caretaker for Mom, take the cats and move. But I don't. And so I"m pretty much stuck with this situation. I've mentioned several times that even Alz. org has given up on my Mom because she's so difficult
I didn't mean to offend by asking ages..I was just trying to put some things in prospective..It doesn't make since that someone from APS hasnt came in the picture..with her being 96...Unless shes of good mind n body...mentally n physically..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She's in early stages of dementia. It's easy at that stage to act normal around others. No offense taken. I'm still sick over Treasure though

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
So in St..Louis MO ...People can get old n sick n NOT go to Dr..n Adult Protective Services WONT get involved

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is acting of sound mind and refuses to get checked then that is correct. I can stand here and say she's in early stages or showing signs but she still has to go to the doctor on her own accord. You don't normally go from being normal to totally out of your mind. And since she acted normal 6 months ago when having her kidneys checked there really is nothing I can do.

Ok off to look for Treasure. Not holding out hope though at this point. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really panicking here over Treasure. I don't have anyone to go out and look for him. And 2 cats outside frantically looking for him and crying. As I have said a thousand times in the 18 months I've been feeding these cats, there has never been a time that Treasure was 100% alone. He was always either with Shaman or with Sopdet. And never til after Treasure disappeared this morning did Sopdet dare to "cling" to me. Something is horribly wrong and I can't even get "Deepest sympathies" or anything I can't shake the feeling that something happened. And I scolded him for bullying his sister just before he disappeared. If something happened I hope he didn't suffer and that it was quick. My heart has completely shattered into tiny pieces as he was the first of these cats to trust me. :(

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a deep breath, you care deeply for these guys and they know that. Even if - god forbid - something did happen you enriched their lives.

I know Treasure hasn’t disappeared before, but the world is full of interesting things to explore and look at. Many of the other cats have disappeared out of character and have returned. Try not to assume the worst. I sincerely hope he returns soon!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But I can't get Sopdet or Shaman to eat. They're showing signs of mourning. And they would know that even after I scolded him?

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Cats don’t think in those terms - that you scolded him or anything like that. They associate you with care and food. My boyfriend sneezes very loud and his bonded ex-feral cat he raised from a kitten runs away in terror every time. But their relationship is super solid and he always returns and nurses from his elbow. Treasure knows you love him and that you care for him. No matter what.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
He hasn't ate since 6:30 this morning. That's almost 12 hours now. And I know for a fact no one else in the neighborhood feeds them as I inquired. Now Shaman and Sopdet are refusing to eat. It's so tragic and sad.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure returned, hobbling. He has a cut on his front left paw (superficial) and his right eye seems irritated). I think he got into another fight with Cooper. I don't know what to do. I can't afford a vet again for him, as I spent everything I had on the last trip. I'm crying

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so glad he came back! It’s a shame he’s hurt, but maybe some home care would work? I know neosporin with NO pain relief should be safe for small cuts

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t hava anything or money. Reason why I posted maybe someone else should take over who can care for them properly. And can’t bring him inside because of Mom. How is he going to get away from raccoons? My heart is breaking

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so glad he came back! It’s a shame he’s hurt, but maybe some home care would work? I know neosporin with NO pain relief should be safe for small cuts
I came inside and he left. What if he is dying and he came to say goodbye. Sorry to sound doom and gloom all the time but I try and prepare myself for the worst in case that is what happens

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
With Sadness I share these videos. I hope these aren't the last that I have of Treasure but if they are then I have made peace that I told him how sorry I was for getting angry this morning and told him I love him. Please watch in succession though. The wounds seem superficial so hopefully right now he's off healing. I'm worried about him eating but I suppose if he hobbled back for water he'll hobble back for food. Either way he's not laying around being easy prey to the raccoons although I doubt he'd feel like taunting them tonight.

And since the media/gallery on the cat site is still not working these are once again YouTube Videos.

First is Treasure coming back. On the surface he seems ok but wait til he steps onto the brick flooring. you'll see that he's hurting.

So I didn't see Treasure come back. I got the clip by rewinding the cam footage. I didn't know he was injured until I came out as you can see here. This here is me telling him I was sorry and how much I love him. I have one more video after this.

Here is what I hope is not the last video of Treasure. My heart is still breaking in two though.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Now the raccoons are here cornering Shaman. I’m a terrible caretaker. 😥

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess he came briefly to say goodbye. My heart is shattered in a million tiny pieces. If I didn’t scold him he would not have wandered off and got hurt. Now this. 😥

Status
Not open for further replies.