Friday DT

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, this week went so fast for me. My only coworker quit so I've been working by myself and although it's a pain it makes times fly. So today is "casual friday" which instantly makes me feel happier. A PGA tournament is in town this weekend and I guess the Doobie Brothers are playing after golfing is done today so me and bf plan to go up there after work.. although we'll be dead tired I'm sure. He has a show tomorrow in Pitts so our day will pretty much be shot, but Sunday (i think) is free so maybe we'll lounge around and play with the new kittens. They are SO big now compared to when we got them..

Oh and speaking of new kittens, that's another thing, at my mom's house two cats appeared that seem to be indoor cats of someone. One does not have a collar but one does. We only have one neighbor who actually came to us inquiring if the cats were ours so it is not theirs. As far as anyone else goes they are way too far away to have just wandered off, unless for some reason they decided to roam and couldn't find their way back. Neither of them are fixed and ones a male and one's a female, a dangerous combo. If they plan to stay I would like to get them fixed but the collar kind of worries me as someone posted before about a cat that wandered off being neutered and then the owner finding it and freaking out. Chances are the kits were dumped out because the road my mom lives on is one of those back country rds that are known for dumping of many many things, unwanted pets included. But the collar is not normal so we're holding hope that the owner comes forward. But whatever.

I'm rambling now but hey TGIF!! What's everyone else up to today and do you have any HOT weekend plans?

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a hectic day at work today so far, planning to go home in 3 hours and collapse on the sofa with a glass of wine (after petting the kittens and getting them their dinner obviously!)

Saturday will be shopping with my Dad, then home again to relax, play with kitties and read a book. Sunday will be housework, play with kitties, sleep, read a book and watch a few episodes of Lost! Yay!! I'm a boring toad aren't I

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Unfortunately Ophelia is heading this way. They are coming out with a new track at 11:00, so we should have a better idea then how bad it will be. Right now they are forecasting 50-60 MPH winds with gusts to 70mph and 4+ inches of rain.

So far I have been taking care of thigns outside, deck furniture, hanging plants. I have my tiki torches burning right now to get the oil out of them so I can store them also. The neighbors must think I am nuts
. I'm going to get the flashlights and batteries out out and my candles. I'm also doing laundry, etc so I am up to date in case we lose power.

I think the bulk of my day will be straightening and getting ready in case it does hit us!

As far as the weekend, tomorrow is when we will be getting all the rain and wind, so I will be home! If all goes well I am supposed to go shopping with a friend on Sunday.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that you stay safe and out of harms way this weekend with the storm!! Best wishes to you!

Oh how lovely, another weekend!! I will be heading back home, traveling the 2 hrs to see my family. Tonight is my brothers football game (high school) so I will be going to that and then Saturday is a girls day, with my Grandma, Mom, and Aunt, going shopping (GORDMANS!!) and then out to eat at Red Lobster...oh I am excited!! Sunday my brother gets confirmed and then I am home with my family until Monday (I get to go to a wonderful DR appt, ugh, I dont like them!
)

I'm just estatic that I get a 3 day weekend, no work for this girl on Monday, woo hoo!!

I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an open house this afternoon for our dealers. Grocery shop tonite.
Then tomorrow tackle the horrible mess from Tues wind shear. But not our yard-we have some cleaned up-our neighbor's yard behind us he could have 10 people with chainsaws and it would still take several days!!!
Have to do something with all those tomatoes too.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cloudy and cool again here today. I have a couple of movies, so curling up in bed and watching those sounds good. Sophie can get in there and hide from the big bad ceiling fans, too...lol

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Work is so busy for me right now. I've been working on editing a music course for the better part of four months. It's sad really... I had to change so much of the formatting and the organization in the beginning that I'm just now finishing up on editing the content. I feel like a schmuck for having this course on my desk for so long. It makes me sick to think about it. It should have been done long ago.

Tonight I have to bartend... I'm not looking forward to spending seven hours in a smoke-filled room, but I am looking forward to the tips.

Tomorrow and Sunday I have to work on a paper for my grad course. It shouldn't be too much of a problem... I just have to get my butt to the library.

That my today and my weekend in a nutshell.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had one appointment today, so I am trying to finish unpacking. I went in this morning, and our only male stylist was gone! No one is talking, so I have no idea why. We lost 2 last week, and a receptionist is leaving tomorrow. The receptionist that is replacing her is a real *itch. I introduced myself, and she looked at me like she smelled something. She went on to tell me that her whole family were massage therapists, and she would be doing hot stone massages as soon as she had been there a little while. I asked if she were licensed to do so, and she informed me that there was no licensing in NC for massage. I wonder if the Board knows that yet. Oh. well, the life expectancy of a receptionist there is 3 months, so she will be gone, and I will still be there.

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my weekends already started been out this morning with my daughter and grandson,went to a city farm,was fun,my grandsons (hes 17mths) had his finger pecked bt a chicken,he wasnt too impressed,but he was happily feeding the goats
unfortunatly i forgot the digi cam so i can show any pics (bad nana
) will remeber next time promise

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Unfortunately Ophelia is heading this way. They are coming out with a new track at 11:00, so we should have a better idea then how bad it will be. Right now they are forecasting 50-60 MPH winds with gusts to 70mph and 4+ inches of rain.

So far I have been taking care of thigns outside, deck furniture, hanging plants. I have my tiki torches burning right now to get the oil out of them so I can store them also. The neighbors must think I am nuts
. I'm going to get the flashlights and batteries out out and my candles. I'm also doing laundry, etc so I am up to date in case we lose power.

I think the bulk of my day will be straightening and getting ready in case it does hit us!

As far as the weekend, tomorrow is when we will be getting all the rain and wind, so I will be home! If all goes well I am supposed to go shopping with a friend on Sunday.
Ahhh, sorry to hear that Karen............stay safe!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's Saturday morning here, just - it's nearly afternoon!

I'm just spending some much needed time on TCS. I've hardly been on this week and need to do some catching up while enjoying a Chocolate Milkshake and Salmon, Cream Cheese and Lemon Pepper on toast for brunch!
Mmmm!

I went to a party last night, and Matt came home with me and stayed the night. He left not too long ago. This afternoon I'm going to be tidying the house, catch up on some homework, play with my pets.

This evening I'm going around to Nanas and she is cooking me dinner and we are going to watch the Election tonight, GOOOOOOOO National party!

I'm staying over there tonight and coming home in the morning. Not too sure yet what my plans are for Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!