"Fox" Kittens - very unusual markings!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this picture and the markings are SO unusual! They look like baby foxes! 

Not sure if this is just a coincidental happening or some 'new' hybrid? Does anyone have any input on these kittens (other than they are absolutely gorgeous and adorable!). I am just curious! Would they fall into the calico, pointed, or some 'other' color category?

View media item 312888

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sure they're real? I seem to recall that picture from a while ago, can't remember what the story was though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure they're real? I seem to recall that picture from a while ago, can't remember what the story was though.
Well........ they sure look real to me! LOL

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think these have been dyed. I saw a article about a dog that was colored like this but in panda color and also another that was red panda colored. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The question has been answered, by our  quick thinking collegues.   As I interprete it from one of the links Nansilude provided, these are probably birmans of pet quality.

Why pet quality? Birmans shall have white feet, but in the show quality ones they are not supposed to get white on the face masque too....  But I can imagine this fault happens now and then even in good purebred birmans.

OK, to your question.  Taking the photo at face value - These kittens are points, no doubt. Surely seal points, with that much black.  they have also white - can be said mitted points.

That ginger color is dyead / photoshopped , as every  commentator  understood.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, no way this is real. To begin with, point kittens don't show their true points til they are about 1-2 years old. Plus the colors are a little too--neon. [emoji]128513[/emoji] 100% photoshopped.