Founding a Sound Sanctuary

Meganms401

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am starting a cat sanctuary and am curious how to go about finding vet services or a vet willing to work with a large number of cats at one time. It would be wonderful to treat any issues that my arise here instead of transporting a large number of cats somewhere else which takes away from their health through stress, but would also definitely overwhelm an vet service that would not be able to dedicate full days to seeing them. My local vet did not know how to direct me in this search and I am also awaiting replies from other santuaries I have contacted. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Can you contact Alley Cat Allies, or Bestfriends?

Also if there is a TNR group they may know of a clinic, or maybe a house call veterinarian could help direct you.

Best of luck to you 🤞☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meganms401

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Can you contact Alley Cat Allies, or Bestfriends?

Also if there is a TNR group they may know of a clinic, or maybe a house call veterinarian could help direct you.

Best of luck to you 🤞☺
No, I didn't know they would help- thank you! And that is a great idea about any local TNR groups.. I do believe there are some local. Because I don't think of them as wild, that didn't even cross my mind. Appreciated!

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not really an answer to your question. There is only one non profit animal rescue I have seen done well. It is called Frosted Faces in California. They have over 2000 volunteers and are currently building their own veterinary hospital. They are incredible, rescuing senior dogs from shelters and have a wonderful facility.

I am sure you could hire a vet for what you need to do a house call. But you wouldn’t be able to do radiographs etc with a house call. I would try to find a feline only house call vet.