Found Rabbit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are all gorgeous. :heartshape:

Do the cats ever try to get into the enclosure?
They stay out of it unless we open up the side of it to let Peter have access to the full yard. Link will usually go under the bush into Peter's den and Rocket will just look around real quick. We have only let Peter out a few times; Rocket likes to chase him too much for my comfort so I usually put him back in after just a little while.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that they all get along so well. More proof that Peter found the perfect home. I love rabbits. There's a wild bunny that lives around here. I talk to him whenever I see him. He always stops, sits up on his haunches and looks at me when I do. Every time I see him I tell him to stay out of the street. :blush:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peter is super excited that broccoletti is back in stores. He loves eating the tops and leaves; the stem is a good boredom muching when everything else is gone.

IMG_20181007_140324.jpg
IMG_20181007_140317.jpg

He also got the last of some blueberries and raspberries we had in the fridge. Which were more exciting and didn't last long enough for photos.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Peter is super excited that broccoletti is back in stores. He loves eating the tops and leaves; the stem is a good boredom muching when everything else is gone.

View attachment 256128 View attachment 256129

He also got the last of some blueberries and raspberries we had in the fridge. Which were more exciting and didn't last long enough for photos..
:hellocomputer:YaY! Love to see Peter updates :clap2: He is such a nifty guy:clap: and is such a beautiful bunny :heartshape: :bunny:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, we got 2 bunnies. One died within a few days. The pet shop replaced it. The new one died the next day. Replaced one more time. That one died. So we gave up and just kept the original bunny and named him Lucky. He lived for 14 years. I loved that bunny. We often put him on a little leash and took him out to eat some grass. Looking back, I wonder if he was killing the others.
I'm glad you're rescuing this bunny.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was a kid, we got 2 bunnies. One died within a few days. The pet shop replaced it. The new one died the next day. Replaced one more time. That one died. So we gave up and just kept the original bunny and named him Lucky. He lived for 14 years. I loved that bunny. We often put him on a little leash and took him out to eat some grass. Looking back, I wonder if he was killing the others.
I'm glad you're rescuing this bunny.
I am so sorry for your loss. We lost a little one very suddenly too, always figured it was some illness from the breeder because it was so sudden. We've had some live into their teens in the past and hopefully little Peter will too. So far he is 1.5 years old and doing good.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky was a lifetime ago. It's funny how time turns painful loss into fond memory. He lived to be on old man.
My step daughter asked for a bunny a year ago. She was 4 at the time so the she old truck - saying "we'll see" and letting her forget about it worked quite nicely. A smallish apartment with 3 cats is no place for a bunny.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lucky was a lifetime ago. It's funny how time turns painful loss into fond memory. He lived to be on old man.
My step daughter asked for a bunny a year ago. She was 4 at the time so the she old truck - saying "we'll see" and letting her forget about it worked quite nicely. A smallish apartment with 3 cats is no place for a bunny.
When I was four I also asked for a bunny. My Mom apparently told me that when I turned eight I could get a rabbit, thinking I would forget it. When my eight birthday rolled around I asked for my rabbit because my Mom promised when I turned eight I could have one. And such started the years of rabbits in our house.

That first one actually didn't live long. We didn't know what we were doing and a coyote got into the hutch one night. After that nearly all the rabbits were ones that just appeared in our yard/lives without planning to. We did figure out better how to manage them and keep them safe over the years. Our last five or six have all been taken by old age and illness.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peter got his area cleaned and DE dusted today. He really isn't too happy about cleaning day so I only do it once a month. But he does need a complete beddin change, fresh hay, food and water despite his protests that just topping off is fine.

IMG_20181028_112336.jpg

Next weekend he is going to be extra unhappy because we are going for a well bunny check. Nothing is wrong (he has been shaking his head a little so he could have ear mites, which I have held off treating because of his upcoming appointment and I'd rather have the vet confirm first) but I want to do an annual exam to make sure. I am a strong believer in regular vet exams to stay on top of health and have a health history. It's harder with rabbits because not all vets will see them. The vet who did his neuter didn't impress me so I am trying a new all animal center that opened in the last six months.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... Peter's home looks spotless. He's probably thinking "how much work it is going to take to get it 'lived in' again?" ;)

Good luck with the new vet. :crossfingers:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just some Peter pictures, because even though it's just a well visit I am a little nervous about tomorrow. It's not so much the vet but the waiting room. Rabbits can stress easily and if there are larger dogs it could be questionable. My Mom is coming with me so if he is stressed one of us can wait in the car with him. But I am a worrier..... anyways, on to the photos!

Peter relaxing in his area,
IMG_20181103_180503.jpg

Peter wanting me to walk faster because he wants his dried mango and now.
IMG_20181103_180648.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Back from the vet. As expected, he has fleas but not horrible or unexpected since he is outside. He got a gland cleaning and nail trim too. But the vet was very happy with his condition and general health. Clear lungs, good heartbeat, good coat, clean ears, etc. He was very well behaved at the vet with no tantrums or problems, a little scared but we were the only patients in the waiting area so no run in with dogs. He is a whole 5 pounds, so he's gained a little over a pound in the year he's been with us.

We are going to start a quarterly spa day for him with gland cleaning, nail trim and revolution for the fleas.

IMG_20181104_100333.jpg
IMG_20181104_095438.jpg
IMG_20181104_092817_1.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Back from the vet. As expected, he has fleas but not horrible or unexpected since he is outside. He got a gland cleaning and nail trim too. But the vet was very happy with his condition and general health. Clear lungs, good heartbeat, good coat, clean ears, etc. He was very well behaved at the vet with no tantrums or problems, a little scared but we were the only patients in the waiting area so no run in with dogs. He is a whole 5 pounds, so he's gained a little over a pound in the year he's been with us.

We are going to start a quarterly spa day for him with gland cleaning, nail trim and revolution for the fleas.

View attachment 260676 View attachment 260677 View attachment 260678
:yess: :celebrate: :jive: :beerchug::bunnydance:

Resigned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww! He's so cute! I got my first bunny because he was someones discarded Easter pet. Glad yours found the perfect home!