Found kitten last night!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten update!

View attachment 456179View attachment 456180

We've decided to name him Kylo (we've been re-watching Star Wars and it's the only name my husband agreed on) and he's doing very well here. He's incredibly energetic and feisty which can be hard for us to manage, but the ladies have taken to him enough to be able to co-exist with him and no longer hiss or swat at him. We're still unsure if we're keeping him unless the ladies really take to him as we really don't want to bring another cat into the home if they're merely acquaintances. He tries to play with them a lot and most of the time they want nothing to do with his high energy behavior, which is a shame for him. Sometimes they play with him though but I don't think they've figured out how to properly play with something so small yet.

I have a lot of love for this guy already, though. He's quickly become my little buddy and he seems very attached to me so I hate the idea of sending him away, but I'd rather all cats live in a happier and more fulfilling home than one where there's some animosity and he can't get his energy out by playing with the others. We even caught him cuddling up to the grumpier (at least grumpy with other cats) of the two under the bed but this is the only time I've seen them this close. They mostly try to avoid him and only really come out to spend time with me and my husband when he's in his own room.

Sadly, we think he's given our tuxedo Annie some of his cold. Despite the fact the first vet we took him to saying he didn't have a cold, our poor Annie (who is 2 years old today!) has lost her meow and we put it down to her sometimes stealing the kitten's food and catching whatever virus he has. Thankfully, she seems 100% herself in every other way, just with a missing meow and we're taking her to the vet this afternoon before it gets worse, and Kylo is going to the vet in 2 weeks for his vaccines.

I'll update again on whether we decide to keep him or not as I'm incredibly torn as I've grown very attached to him, but it wouldn't be fair on the ladies nor him if they don't want to live with each other.
Honestly it sounds like they are making good progress.. I think everything is on the right track with them getting to know each other and he will have to learn when your resident kitties don't want to play a swat or hiss here and there will teach him. It is how momma cats teach babies. It is cat language. They are even all right next to each other eating. If they truly didn't want to be around him that picture wouldn't exist there would have been issues.
Just stay positive, have patience, it will take time.
Seriously though, it looks like it will work out.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'll update again on whether we decide to keep him or not as I'm incredibly torn as I've grown very attached to him, but it wouldn't be fair on the ladies nor him if they don't want to live with each other.
He's a handsome boy! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: And what a wonderful sight seeing them having meals together!:clapcat:

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The sweet little man is thriving! He's quickly become the king of the house and is also the best little cuddle buddy at night and has become very attached to both me and my husband. Thank you to everyone who gave advice.
This is great to hear! :clapcat: He's a handsome dude! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: