Foster fail in progress.... that’s if I can get Sophie to approve...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tell me about it. I washed these sheets several times too, so I really am at a loss. I guess I’m now going to have to check my fresh laundry too. 😳 between that and cleaning Lance’s box at least 5 times a day.... I am well over it all!
Honestly, you could write a book!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sending TONS of :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:your way! So many people would have thrown up their hands and said, "Heck with it, I'm getting a cactus!" by now, but you're still in the game! KUDOS!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven’t posted in a while. I have been sick for a week now. I took the COVID test last Friday and I am still waiting for the results. Apparently it’s 7-10 days here! The rescue is finally coming to pick up Lance to bring him to another foster. He has been cooped up in my bathroom, mostly alone all day since Monday as I spend most of my day in bed. They have left me to take care of him, a sick kitten with Giardia who poops like 5 times a day, even if I have been texting them everyday saying I cannot do it right now! It’s not like I don’t want to. They are treating me like I am some kind of evil nut job.
Anyway, my summer is just awesome! Hopefully things get better for the both of us. 🤞🏻

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my gosh!!! I feel terrible for you!! Hang in there - like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I'm sending you every good thought I own, and I'm hoping Lance-baby gets better fast too:)

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They just picked him up. I feel terrible because they didn’t have a foster for him yet. They were struggling to find one because of the pooping issue and then they got all annoyed at me because he didn’t actually have a positive fecal test and how they couldn’t find someone to take him because of that and I’m like: how is this my fault? I’ve taken care of this kitten for over a month and a half and did exactly what they told me to do. I kept telling them I think he needed to go back to the vet to check his eye and ear because I suspected a food allergy but no one listened.
They made me feel guilty for letting them take him back now. Sorry, but right now, I can barely take care of myself, let alone a sick kitten who poops every 5 hours. I wanted to adopt him, it’s not like I got him yesterday and decided it was too much work! I also kept him since Monday even though I had asked them multiple times to come and get him because he was going insane in the bathroom. I’m mad, upset, I feel like shit and I hate the world right about now.
Oh my gosh!!! I feel terrible for you!! Hang in there - like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I'm sending you every good thought I own, and I'm hoping Lance-baby gets better fast too:)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO sorry, Darlin. You did EVERYTHING right, and MORE than many would have done, and I KNOW you hoped that he would be with you forever. For now, you concentrate on your own health, and later, if you want to foster, FIND ANOTHER GROUP TO GO THROUGH! TELL them what happened with Lance, how hard you tried, and how little support you got. But for now, get well soon!

784978774_1778709.gif

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am still coughing, but starting to feel better. Thank you for checking in on me! I am STILL waiting for results. It’s now taking 14 days in NYC to get results. What is the point of that?!?!?! By then, anyone with the disease can be severely sick and any chance of being able to trace and track the people you have potentially exposed and therefore stop the spreading of this damn virus is completely gone. Yeah, you can get tested, but there is no purpose to it anymore.
How are you doing :redheartpump: ?