Forever

gusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forever is how long I will love my Johnny. Forever is how long I will miss my Johnny.
I am so sad. My house is too quiet. My heart is broken.
I know people say: oh he was 18, what a beautiful long life.
I’m not sure it matters wether it’s too short a life or a long life.
Actually if a pet has been in your life 1/3 of your life how is it supposed to be less sad or ok? It’s not ok. It’s devastating.
I know I gave Johnny all I could and in the end I could only give him the peace he deserved:
1C6D8812-7779-45FB-A50F-B0BFF38E43B2.jpeg
I couldn’t give him health or more time. Still….my handsome sweet funny boy is gone.
I want to thank everyone for caring, giving me advice, being there. I am ever so grateful for all of you and this site.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I do understand what they mean.

When Isabel passed, a comforting thought for me was that she was almost eighteen and lived a long, beautiful life. I think it's okay to acknowledge that, but also acknowledge that it has no bearing on grief. Of course your heart is broken and that's okay, that's normal. It means you loved enough for that break and honestly that's a beautiful thing. Just don't feel angry with those commenting on the age, as I do truly believe they mean it in a positive way. I'm sure no one means that you should grieve less! Grieve however long you need. This was your baby, your friend. <3

I'm so sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy. Your right it does not matter what age it's never long enough. I lost my boy young 2 years old, my brother lost his girl at 22 years old. And people said the same to him she had a good long life, he did take comfort in that fact, but it didn't mean he hurt any less than I did. His girl had been such a huge part of his life for so long. How could he not feel the pain of losing her. You take as long as it takes to grieve your beautiful boy. RIP sweet Johnny. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Johnny, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Yes, he did have a lovely, long life with you, but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough, is it? That will mean more to you later, when the sweet memories overtake and pass the raw, tearing grief you feel right now. But "now" is where you are. This I am sure of, that Johnny lived, breathed, and had his being safe in your love, and that he knew that. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you, and he sends his love for you, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all your days. because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing. Such a a marvelous photograph…a little lion! All we can ever do is to give our whole hearts to them, just as they do to us, and appreciate the moment. If it helps to tell us more about him, please do. Big hugs, don’t forget to breathe, and try to celebrate what was best about him if you can. His pure essence will never leave you, and that will end up being of huge comfort.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him what he wanted most in this life, your heart.....
The bond of love you built up over the years is a strong one. NOTHING can break that bond, not even death because it is spiritual, so eternal. Of course, your house feels empty, so does your heart. But he is forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened", no truer words have ever been spoken. Your sweet boy is at peace because of your love. He shared your life's journey for a while in life, and now will forever parallel it in death along his new journey. He was in your life for a reason, and that was to show you how to love. His love is secure in your soul, he would like nothing better than to have you help his love grow by adding more. His love will never be replaced, it will only be remembered and enhanced by more.
My heart breaks for your pain, I have stood in your shoes and can empathize. I would not wish it on anyone. The pain from losing one of these innocent, precious little ones is all-consuming. Because they are our world and we are theirs. Try not to dwell on the end, and i know that is impossible right now, but instead concentrate on the happiness he brought to your life. Eventually, these happy memories will override the bad. But it takes getting through the next day, the next month, the next year. One day at a time......RIP beautiful Johnny. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You wrote down your feelings, your pain, in such beautiful words, thanks for sharing.
Your Johnny was absolutely stunning, a very handsome boy no doubt, and no life is ever long enough, but despite this, a life has an end, and when this happens it tears our heart apart.
Your pain might feel immense now, but one day it will soften, day by day, and you'll be able to remember Johnny in a sweeter way.
You'll never forget him, but you won't feel this pain as strong as it is now.
RIP Johnny, you'll be forever missed.

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Johnny was mighty enough to be here 18 years, much like my chunky boy Bam. We will never have enough time with them, and at almost 2 decades, how could we possibly not want more time? It is hard to think about life continuing without them. But rest assured, Johnny will be with you, forever in spirit. When the wind picks up outside while you take a walk, a rainbow in the sky, a beautiful sunrise or sunset, that will be Johnny...simply saying hello from The Great Beyond :alright: :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Johnny was a handsome boy. Such a beautiful tribute to an equally beautiful cat. I can feel the love and grief pouring out from the words you have written, and I am very sorry that you are going through this.

For us, it is never too long for a pet to be with us. If we could, we can buy more time, and then again some. When they leave, they also leave behind devastating paw-shaped holes in our hearts, and most of us never become the same again.

Hang in there and be strong. Please find comfort from all those wonderful memories you had shared with your handsome boy.

Run free, Johnny. You will be greatly missed by those your presence and love you had once touched, particularly your human.